TERA

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So, priest for early runs, mystic when you outgear shit?
Pretty much. My main was a mystic and I fucking hated it.

I seem to remember sorcs being happier with their class than archers, but dont remember why.

Looks like former subscribers have thier accounts reactivated until Jan 23, starting now.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are berserkers still garbage?
http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum.../Zerkers-fixed

that thread said_sl said:
Outl4wXGP

#1701/07/2013, 03:26 AM

So much missinformation in this post. Shesh.

The biggest DPS increase came from a high dmg boost when overcharging any skill. In other words, our raw damage output has increased a bunch when overcharging skills (though we loose more HP now), which is off set with Vampiric blow.

The VB is an instant cast after any overcharged skill that also cancels the last part of the skill's animation. So, now we do, on average, 800k crits, with an added 300k crit tacked on instantly, which also adds to your HP pool (endgame gear with good stats on weps). Then Staggering Strike to Knockdown Strike adds onto the combo for a very quick extra damage. That's right....I said combo. It actually feels like we have a combo now, with 4 skills that hit high in a matter of seconds (TS or Cyclone > Vampiric > Staggering > Knockdown Strike). You can imagine this chain is insane DPS>

Not only do you get TONS more damage, you feel faster and more useful than before. No more spamming TS. Even Cyclone, which can now be canceled, is the highest DPS move in game (useable with block cancel). 250k crits per tick.

So...we got faster charging, faster skill output, and more raw damage. We are beastly. Especially if you quit playing it before the first round of buffs (there have been several).

Zerker is now top DPS in game, with a mystic healing (allows for power instead of critrate build).

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
So, priest for early runs, mystic when you outgear shit?

What's better between archers and mages?
if your party suck, priests.
if your party is good at dodging damage and know what the fuck they are doing, mystic is good. But it sucks for mystic to heal others. It's much harder to play mystics.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
if your party suck, priests.
if your party is good at dodging damage and know what the fuck they are doing, mystic is good. But it sucks for mystic to heal others. It's much harder to play mystics.
Mystics are more of a great buffing class with some offensive capability and some limited (mostly single target, if I remember right) healing. They can drop HoT items around as well so that people can pick them up when they need healing, and that's cool most of the time, but effectiveness is limited by some encounters requiring you to move around a lot.

Priests are healing machines, both single and multi target, but that's about all they're good for.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Something must've changed since I quit, because back then nobody wanted a priest because all they could do was heal. Mystics were plenty more than adequate for the healing necessary and their utility meant that fights were much shorter.

It's a shame TERA didn't have a good game to go with their combat engine, because that part of it was really fun whether you were soloing or doing dungeons. It was just so utterly generic, and there was nothing to do at the top end.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Mystics have a rough time in the higher level dungeons if people are stupid, and most people are stupid. I've done plenty of dungeon runs with only a mystic, though, and if your party is smart enough not to Stand In the Fire all the time, it's fine.

My wife played a priest. My main is a lancer. We duoed pretty much everything up until early to mid 40s, If I remember right, and after that, we had to dungeon queue. We never waited longer than a few minutes when queueing as a tank+healer combo, but at some point (I want to say mid 30s) duoing became an incredible chore until the lancer's DPS was buffed a bit. Priests do almost no DPS.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
"priest are annoying because they prolong the runs and do no damage"

"everything is so damn difficult with a mystic and bad groups can't even complete runs with one"

This is the worst.Which is preferred.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I really like doing dungeons on my mystic, but I'm still in the 40s. I've had numerous people friend me because "it's nice to see someone who knows how to play a mystic."

Basically, with the 3rd lock on target for the targeted heal and shitting out health/mana balls nonstop, I've yet to really have a tough time. Like I said though - I haven't seen end game content.

I just stay out of combat and use the self mana regen often, keeping my movement speed up and staying alive.

If anyone fires this back up on the PVP server, send me a friend request - Boggle is my in game name.

I'd really like a leveling partner in the mid 40s.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
mystic is preferred but only if you are good. dps buff difference between priest and mystic is incredible.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If you're a bad mystic, everyone WILL die. If you're a bad priest, you can still muddle through, but everything takes longer to kill (which doesn't really matter until you're in high end instances anyway).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They are both hell to level up, by the way. If you don't have a permanent duoing partner for collecting bear asses then I would strongly advise against making a healer. I enjoyed playing my mystic in groups but gave up on it by the mid-20's due to it taking about an order of magnitude longer to do anything by myself compared to my slayer.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I could use a duo partner now for my 47 mystic.

I also have a 20 sorc and a 14 zerker.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They reactivated my account. Have a 60 Lancer. Never did see the last couple dungeons. What server do peeps play on.

Mystic isn't hard to play. It's boring as fuck though and for whatever reason a lot of people really suck at it. Priest is a lot more fun to play. You just don't have many tools as a Mystic so the play is sort of one-dimensional.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I am now playing this. so whats currently more of a pain to find for groups? heals or tank? I'm deciding between priest or lancer.