TERA

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You'll definitely get a few hours of fun out of it. The game is incredibly simple though. Its just a ton of kill and collect quests until max level. Dungeon play is kinda fun though.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
For earlier subscribers:
Founder Benefits:

Founder's title: new "Founder" title, marking your status as one of TERA's first

Founder's rights: eight character slots, four bank tabs, and more item simultaneously on the brokerage

Terminus mount: a founder-exclusive mount to commemorate your victory in the Argon War

Free En Masse Points: deposits $5 (standard) and $10 (collector's edition) worth of EMPs to your e-wallet
And some free game time til January 16.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, the FTP model looks quite forgiving. I'm fairly impressed. They should really keep chronoscrolls around though so you can get the elite membership for in game gold.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I guess Im just blind, but I dont see the specifics regarding Free 2 Play restrictions on their website or the company website. Anyone have a link to them? I see the Rising thread, with the limited information on Founders.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Great FTP. Not bad bad at all. Paying gets you shorter/more cooldowns on dungeons. Save you some gold on broker.

Buying the game for 20 bucks gets you a nice bonus also. Bank slots being the big one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
KTERA's f2p patch turned BAMs into something only slightly harder than a normal mob that are easily soloable by anyone. Sounds like a colossal fuck-up to me, since BAMs were the only thing that made leveling even slightly interesting/fun to do. What the hell are they thinking?

I was thinking about playing the game again too, but between some of the changes that are coming and the fact that 'account armor' apparently hasn't been sending any emails at all for the last few days I'm reminded of just how incompetent the management is.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
KTERA's f2p patch turned BAMs into something only slightly harder than a normal mob that are easily soloable by anyone. Sounds like a colossal fuck-up to me, since BAMs were the only thing that made leveling even slightly interesting/fun to do. What the hell are they thinking?

I was thinking about playing the game again too, but between some of the changes that are coming and the fact that 'account armor' apparently hasn't been sending any emails at all for the last few days I'm reminded of just how incompetent the management is.
The account armor took me about 10 mins to receive the email. Then it took me like 10 tries to get the damn thing to take.

Vorph

Apparently their email system just breaks and nothing happens until someone gets around to resetting it. I just got a whole bunch of messages that were sitting in the queue for 2-16 hours.

Of course, I'm not home now, so I'm sure it will be doing the same thing again when I try to log in tonight.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, shit. Hopefully that won't happen to this version as well, because BAMs being challenging to solo is kinda the point.

Biba

Molten Core Raider
Is there now some lategame in it? -_ Did like the levelin, but when you hit cap...

syeren_sl

shitlord
How is the server populations since this went FTP?
It hasn't gone F2P yet, that's in mid to late February. I would expect it to be quite popular though.

I tried playing on the US servers (Fuck Frogster / GameForge), but a ping of 200 on a Warrrior is probably unacceptable, so quit
frown.png

Vorph

Restart the download if that happens. I had to restart mine once, but in the end it only took about 2 hours.

Still haven't actually tried playing it though. My characters are stuck on the pvp cesspool that you can't transfer off of, and I really don't feel like starting all over again.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...or-seven-days/

They are Re activeing all accounts for another 7 days as of today due to tech issues.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/w...o-your-account

We're Adding Game Time to Your Account!

Hey Everyone,

We've seen a great response to TERA: Rising, our transition to making TERA free for everyone. In addition to that great news, we also reactivated all past subscribers for seven days, giving you a chance to come back and experience TERA again.

Unfortunately, we've had a few technical difficulties during this reactivation period. These made it difficult for some players to get into game. The good news is that those issues have now been addressed and everyone can once again access TERA.

We'd like to make it right, though. So for all our players-past, present, and future-we're adding seven days of game time to your account to compensate for the time lost. You don't have to do anything to activate this additional time-we'll add it right to your account.

Our community is and has always been our top priority. Please enjoy the extra time, and thanks for being part of the life of a game we love.

-Patrick "Treeshark" Sun

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Mystic is indeed boring as can be, was warrior in beta and remember doing ok but going to go with Slayer I think.

Tempest server.