TERA

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is coming out on Xbox One next week. Is this game fun for at least a month or two?

Easily. The combat IMO is still the best out there. Dungeons are fun. The sub cost of 15 bucks or whatever was worth it. They gave quite a few perks.

GRINDY as fuck. Hub based. Getting groups as a couple classes sucks. I played a tank, so no idea there. Mine queue was instant.

IMO the best Korean MMO. I still play time to time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's painful Korean MMO hub-style questing (primarily quests at every hub: 1. kill small shit, 2. kill medium shit, 3. kill large shit, 4. group quest, 5. collect bear asses and pig shit). The fighting mechanics are fun and I had hella fun in dungeons if you can find a group. Also, depends on how easily you can get over the ridiculous furry races. I stopped playing around level 45 on a lancer.
You skip all quests if you want until 60, then you'll end up doing some quests for the main story of the 60-65 area, but you can hit 65 without ever doing a quest if you want.

The game is fun, and I think they did a good job on the console port (aside from the HORRIBLE sound issues they have). The game does get really stale pretty fast at lvl cap, no surprise there.

BDO is still the better overall MMO, and it'll be out on Xbox sometime this year... but I wouldn't want to play it on a normal Xbox.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you have twitch prime you can get early console access and 15 days of elite. So with that I downloaded this lastnight on xbone. Is there an easy OP class for a MMO tourist like myself?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Does this include all classes? I read somewhere that it's missing some, forget which.

Edit: NM, offical site says that Ninja, Gunner and Valkyrie are missing =/

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have twitch prime you can get early console access and 15 days of elite. So with that I downloaded this lastnight on xbone. Is there an easy OP class for a MMO tourist like myself?
Archer or Sorc; ranged high damage. The Archer starts off really strong and that pretty much never falls off, other classes just catch up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does this include all classes? I read somewhere that it's missing some, forget which.

Edit: NM, offical site says that Ninja, Gunner and Valkyrie are missing =/
Console version is about 1.5yrs behind PC. Their ability to fix issues seems pretty slow unless it is something dire; the echo/overlapping sounds you here in enclosed spaces has been present since their technical betas well over a month ago... yet still there. The enchanting system on Console is the old style which sucks ass compared to the more streamlined version now on PC, not something I want to deal with again... I'd take BDO's system over that system. ;p

The newer classes will probably be released over the next several months, at least they have Brawler... but that is only because its a tank class. Those three newer classes are just hands-down better designed than any original class (except warrior) in terms of combat smoothness. Play a Valk and you'll probably never want to touch a Zerker or Slayer again.

Cybsled

I don't mind Asian themes in MMOs, but usually the plot/storyline is dogshit for the Korean MMOs (TERA, Archeage, BDO). It is kind of like the lore in a fighting game: It exists because it needs to provide some manner of motivation for the characters, but it is as shallow and thin as a piece of toilet paper. FFXI and FFXIV are the only Asian MMOs that come to mind that had good story/world that you gave a bit more of a rat's ass about, but considering the pedigree, that is pretty much expected by the audience.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Console code: 7X74YG5GHX56TT47A3NN

Step 1: Visit and create a new En Masse account or log in to an existing account.

Step 2: Once logged in to your En Masse account, enter the code you received above.

Step 3: Select your console and you will receive an additional code.

Step 4: Enter this code on the console you chose in Step 3.

Step 5: Download the TERA client, create a character, and join a server. Once in-game, you can find your loot in Item Claim (accessed from the main menu under the TERA Store sub-menu).

Not sure if it works but give it a go. I don't have a use for it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I never tried this on PC, but have been playing on Xbox. I really enjoy the combat, but the game has serious performance issues on Xbox One X(and other consoles from what I have been reading). Framerates vary from playable to Everquest Plane of Hate in the year 2000. Just bad. In the cities, it's almost unplayable. I want to like this more, but my interest is waning.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I tried it for about 10 minutes. Looks fun enough, but if I'm going to play an MMO like that I'll just fire up ESO.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jesus christ. I made a character and did about 20 minutes of questing.

Character creation is half Super Asian tropes (Why do all these games have little women with Cat ears?)

Then I spend the forst few quests talking to a little girl that has the most annoying sound effects ever.

Not sure Ill give this more of a shot.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>

Character creation is half Super Asian tropes (Why do all these games have little women with Cat ears?)

Then I spend the forst few quests talking to a little girl that has the most annoying sound effects ever.

Cat eared chicks/furries are more of a trope over there than they are here. Just go with it.

That said, if the voices/effects bother you right away, just stop now. It only gets worse.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's mind bottling how they make new players follow a little girl around and pick flowers for a while when the game's all about the combat and the dungeons. Way to make all your west players nope the fuck out within the first hour.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
That must be new. You used to jump right into the combat as a new player. What the hell were they thinking?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That girly part lasts like 2 minutes and then a bunch of dudes attack and you're fighting monsters. Ok, maybe it lasted 5 minutes. The first hour is the least of this game's problems.