TERA

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a lot of fun playing one of those tanks with big ass lance, it really felt good. However, the lore, tradeskills and quests felt so generic and uninspired that I won't miss the game

Cybsled

TERA was probably my first introduction to the “action combat” MMO format, which felt pretty revolutionary at the time. I do agree on the generic feel of the lore and quests and stuff. Healing was also weird - I remember that class that would poop out orbs you had to run over to get healed. And then they had that weird loli race that felt out of place

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Ive played this off and on over the years and even though I havent been active on it in a while, it still kinda sucks to see it close. I was all into this game at launch, even though generic, the world and stuff was fun and had some neat visuals. The game kinda lost me though when it leaned into all the silly bs like mini police cars and stuff. I also hated how they would vault content and rotate dungeons. I never understood why they would actually take out content when it was done and ready to play at any time, it always felt like a weird decision. Ill probably reinstall and give one last hoorah before it closes though.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I quit just after the Reaper release.

The Priest and Lancer were fun and great and they deserve credit for thinking out of the box with healing on the Mystic. Out of every MMO big release I’ve played (I skipped Vanguard) I found healing in Tera exciting and I loved carrying shitters on my Priest. Outside of those three classes for me and the combat associated with those 3 classes everything else was forgettable at best. I played the shit out of this game for the longest time and I literally can’t remember any of the dungeons or the vast majority of the zones. I remember the Police Car though…lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It had great high elf tits too, depending on the armor. Most of the classes were fun to play as well, my space bar would always get a workout playing Tera.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TERA was probably my first introduction to the “action combat” MMO format, which felt pretty revolutionary at the time. I do agree on the generic feel of the lore and quests and stuff. Healing was also weird - I remember that class that would poop out orbs you had to run over to get healed. And then they had that weird loli race that felt out of place

Mystic was a blast. I would spend a few minutes before every boss fight popping out as many skittles as I could.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buddy and I would make new characters and then start traveling in a direction and see how far we could get without dying. Given the dodge mechanics, sometimes we'd make it pretty far if you played it smart. Or take down much higher-level things just by dodging well. Was really neat. I suppose if it was so neat the population wouldn't have tanked though? :(

Cybsled

It had a few things going against it. SWTOR was at the time ultra hyped and that launched sometime after TERA. Then MoP came out.

Besides its combat, TERA didnt really have much else going for it in terms of draw. People eventually got bored of it

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It had a few things going against it. SWTOR was at the time ultra hyped and that launched sometime after TERA. Then MoP came out.

Besides its combat, TERA didnt really have much else going for it in terms of draw. People eventually got bored of it

The dungeons were good. Most boss fights were exceptional. But I guess that all does fall under combat.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of the art direction was just too fucked up, they really pushed the bikini armor shit with that one demon-like race that was literally just different bikinis(and the really thin string type none of that normal people bikini stuff), and then the loli race and they gender locked and loli locked some classes it was a big clusterfuck of decisions that just wouldn't work well here. Like I'm all for sexy costumes and all that, hell I play female characters pretty much all the time, but some of this shit was over the top and definitely in the creepy zone once it was on the little girl stuff.

And then yeah combat was good but everything else kinda wasn't, and combat was "too hard" to retain casual players too so that just couldn't work too well.

Cybsled

Ya, the race locked shit was annoying, especially when it was the loli race.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

From the country that brought you Pay2Win, they now bring you: Pay2LoseMoneyOnWorthlessShit

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user