TERA

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Important news. You can now save your username in the launcher. That is all.
Hey, as someone who has played almost two days I'm glad to hear that.. How the heck did that not get in for release? I'll keep playing and see how it goes after my week of free WOW is over. The combat is decent. The quests are meh, but standard fare.

I'm currently playing a Priest. As I'm only allowed two spots, I guess I'll try a Berserker as my other if they level that fast, unless there's a better solo class out there.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I marginally enjoyed this game for a couple of days, it's pretty generic. However, now it's gone FTP they should rename it from TERA to Huge Swinging Tits Online, would probably generate some more interest.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
My bad, didn't know you were super elite at the game, so your opinion is more valid.
Last I knew the Berserker charge attacks hit all targets for the same damage. Ride around on your mount and round up however many things are near by and 2-3 shot them. You can kill a dozen things in like 10 seconds. One of those things takes ~40 seconds for my Mystic to solo.

Carry on.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much, now sure how he had a easier time on a mystic then a zerker. Mystic is a horrid and slow as hell soloer, whereas a zerker can round up 10-20(not counting minions) and take em out with no issue.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Mystic isn't so bad early on, it's the scaling and shit that sucks eventually. Early levels you can get 10mobs and aoe them down with that wave shit thing and it kills them super fast and the self healing means you have no downtime anyway, but once you get to the point where you get knocked down all the fucking time by mobs if you pull more than 3 and your nuke does like 15% dmg instead of 45%, then mystic lvling suck dicks.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Thing is Priests get their nuke of doom spell that mystics don't get so if you have to solo a healer you might as well just go priest.

I played an end game mystic. They are capable if you play well. However Priests are FAR easier to play and have more / better heals / other spells.

I don't know if anything changed but Zerkers used to get dropped like hot potatoes from groups. Lancers didn't like splitting gear with them.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Atm, mystics are the healer if you want fastest run possible with a good organized group. The crit aura just adds so much dps.

priest are great for learning and pugs. They can mostly(outside 1 shots) save a bad group a lot more then a mystic can. They have so many more defensive and heal abilities.

With a upcoming buff to one of the priest support moves(buffs atk speed + power) they might be even with mystics in terms of dps gain to a party.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Atm, mystics are the healer if you want fastest run possible with a good organized group. The crit aura just adds so much dps.

priest are great for learning and pugs. They can mostly(outside 1 shots) save a bad group a lot more then a mystic can. They have so many more defensive and heal abilities.

With a upcoming buff to one of the priest support moves(buffs atk speed + power) they might be even with mystics in terms of dps gain to a party.
This.

Good Lancer? You want a mystic. Pug? You want a priest. Bad Lancer. You want a warrior and a priest.

I always look for Mystics 1st, but they are rare, and usually have a dedicated group.

If they buff priests like that, what extra utility they going to give Mystics? I haven't heard.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I knew that the mystic performed well once you reached the end game, but I ran out of steam in the 40s. Nobody I game with would touch this thing with a 10 ft pole, so I was constantly trying to find a decent guild full of non-anime drama whores.

That proved to be impossible. Nagafen was good while it lasted, but none of the guilds formed by messageboards ever really have good camaraderie. I think I grouped with guildies only a handful of times that entire first month.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Even duoing with someone else, Mystic was pretty unfun to play out in the open world. It would've been more bearable if dungeons were an efficient way to level and random PUGs weren't so dumb about standing in attacks.

... I don't know if anything changed but Zerkers used to get dropped like hot potatoes from groups. Lancers didn't like splitting gear with them.
Awesome. Just leveled a zerker to 17 or so. Not sure I want to go through the starting isle again either. Still, I thought the game was pretty fun once I got the hang of things. In my limited exp so far I have enjoyed TERA's action combat a bit better than GW2's.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I know zerkers are very wanted. Between them and sorc they rule the dps. The only thing I didn't like about them was you literally get your 2 main moves before 20. Also they really require a setup crew to do any pvp(or bad players) since charge up + stagger makes it very hard to hit people(but if you do, amazing) and they have weak mobility/escape.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
I (an Archer) just completed my BG PvP set and I want to start doing Arena. My buddy (a Zerker) has a bit to go but is well on his way....maybe a week or so. If there are any healers that want to try to really dig into the Area stuff, shoot me a PM or post here. We are pretty dedicated to Arena generally (I had 9000 Arena matches on my paladin alone in WoW), but it will be somewhat of an uphill battle b/c gear is so important in TERA. If you want to give it a go with experienced PvPers, shoot me a message and we can start running BGs together to get our synergies down.

We generally play from 10 or 11 PM EST until 2AM EST every night.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
So glad this game went FTP. Its still fun to log in every now and then just to enjoy the combat. I can't figure why more MMOs haven't copied this combat system by now.

Also, the "equalized" bg event is actually pretty interesting. It is so much more enjoyable with forced balanced gear and forced solo queue. I wonder if they'll keep the equalized option around after the event is done.

Cybsled

WoW has tried to copy TERA mob behaviour in MoP I've noticed, although in true foh/rerolled fashion people bitch about it.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Pretty much, now sure how he had a easier time on a mystic then a zerker. Mystic is a horrid and slow as hell soloer, whereas a zerker can round up 10-20(not counting minions) and take em out with no issue.
I have not played since the first month of release but I played a zerker - and I think I remember having a shit of a time pulling more than a few packs. 20 mobs not counting minions sounds like a gross exaggeration of how much you can pull without leashing. I managed sometimes to pull more than enough to kill me but these were rare and required 2 people pulling.