Terminator Genisys (2015)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know, some of those action scenes were so ridiculous it was just funny. Is this going to be a comedy then or what?
Do you not know how action scenes work? The more ridiculous the better.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
This looks like utter dogshit. The amount of feminist bullshit on display is nauseating. "Now remember, Sarah back then was weak!" Cut to her being a badass for no discernible reason. Oh wait a geriatric Terminator is the reason, and he's there because????? Why would any terminator be geriatric in the first place? Did he live so long that his flesh exoskeleton got liver spots? Does this mean he was sent back to 1945 originally and stuck around for forty years to eventually help Sarah in the 80s? FEH

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My guess is that he is old on purpose to be grandfatherly. Why a terminator would need to look grandfatherly on the other hand...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This looks like utter dogshit. The amount of feminist bullshit on display is nauseating. "Now remember, Sarah back then was weak!" Cut to her being a badass for no discernible reason. Oh wait a geriatric Terminator is the reason, and he's there because????? Why would any terminator be geriatric in the first place? Did he live so long that his flesh exoskeleton got liver spots? Does this mean he was sent back to 1945 originally and stuck around for forty years to eventually help Sarah in the 80s? FEH
Oh I dunno, maybe watch the movie and it'll answer those questions? Since you know....those are all heavy plot related questions. You just did the equivalent of .....

*Watches Guardians of the Galaxy trailer*
"Why is there a talking raccoon, raccoon dont talk, living trees? What hippie bullshit is this, fucking political bullshit is nauseating! How would all of them be so conveniently united?! -insert demands on other key plot devices here without actually watching the movie-

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So, really what we're seem to be getting is T2 again with a meathead Reese replacing squeaky voiced teen Conner. It's logical enough, after x iterations of time travel creating numerous possible futures and.. well, Doc Brown is going to need a bigger chalk board.

I've always assumed that the original, pre T1 timeline the humans win but everything gets fucked up because Kyle Reese sticks his dick in Sarah. Maybe Grandpa 800's mission is to cockblock Kyle Reese so Christian Bale is never born and the real JC can lead us to victory.

Siliconemelons

You can tell they had different "ages" of Arnold, he was sent further back, and sticking around and training sarah...to fit in he aged himself less draw attention to himself for not aging.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ya, I'm really far out on a limb saying that hollywood's latest attempt at rebooting/remaking/shitting on a successful 80s movie will be dogshit. Like, Robocop. And Total Recall. And Red Dawn. And Conan.

Lulu_sl

shitlord
My guess is that he is old on purpose to be grandfatherly. Why a terminator would need to look grandfatherly on the other hand...
Who the F*** knows...oh cuz he is...
biggrin.png

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Unless there's some third act twist that punts Sarah/Kyle into the future or something, this just seems like a pointless rehash of T2.

Sure, there's no Eddie Furlong, but there's also nothing novel or interesting (aside from the certain-to-fuck-up-his-epidermis helicopter dive-bombing).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't expect much and wasn't going to watch it, but that trailer sure made it look better than I had imagined. I think now I'll wait til it is released and see what people say. If it turns out better than expected for most then I might just go see it in the cinema.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
with exception of the original i have seen every terminator sequel in the theater. i actually had never heard of the terminator until it showed up on cable. this has arnie being arnie and terminators. shut up and take my money!

as to the terminator being a gramps terminator. you guys forget that a t800 or whatever arnie was in the original was an exoskeleton surrounded by living flesh, the living flesh aged, he is still the same uber exoskeleton underneath, but now the flesh is quite old so it appears that he is quite old. thats why gramps terminator can totally take on these fresh terminators, even a new version of himself. cant wait to see this.