Terminator Genisys (2015)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't watch T4, but this one does seem very different in the fact that:

The end of the movie was the end. Terminators dead. Skynet done. No pieces left to or teaser for next episode. Happy ending. I'm sure the alternate timeline bullshit gives them options, but this seemed very final compared to the other films

I was hoping there would be post-credits scene with Pops working as a construction worker and picking up the forklift full of shit and moving it or something. Would've been nice laffs.

8/10
did you miss the beating skynet heart and the adult skynet hologram post credits?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this the other day. Wasn't expecting much, but it turned out ok, mostly. I loved how they almost exactly re-did the opening scenes from T1 in 1984. The film itself was decent, but could have done with more destruction (minigun scene). And the John Conner plot twist was interesting. Still, for me the first two films are all I need.

Oh, and the CGI department should get an academy award for the young Arnold!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Sat down to watch T2 last night which I actually haven't seen in quite a few years. Such a great, great movie. The special FX and action scenes are still thoroughly enjoyable. Soundtrack is also amazing.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually really enjoyed the movie. I like that in 2017, pops finally learned sarcasm. Also, I feel most of us agreed that salvation would have been better if they want with the original ending of John Conner becoming a terminator. That's what happened in this one and I feel like it would have been a great reveal if it wasn't all over the trailers and the posters. I think the movie suffered as a whole because we all knew what was going to happen months before the movie came out

ohkcrlho

I don't get why you think anyone gives a fuck about your opinion regarding a movie you have not even seen.

That fact that you agree with Etchazz tells us all we need to know.
Did I say you or anyone here should care about my opinion? Yep....it's just an opinion. Just neg me if you want.
But you're right. I will not see a pg13 terminator movie, with john connor (the guy that if he dies, the human race is doomed) being the bad guy (different timeline herp derp....still dumb) and jai Courtney. And of course for being a reboot of 2 amazing movies.

Maybe Etchazz has good taste imo.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did I say you or anyone here should care about my opinion? Yep....it's just an opinion. Just neg me if you want.
But you're right. I will not see a pg13 terminator movie, with john connor (the guy that if he dies, the human race is doomed) being the bad guy (different timeline herp derp....still dumb) and jai Courtney. And of course for being a reboot of 2 amazing movies.

Maybe Etchazz has good taste imo.
minor spoiler, john connor's arc of saving the humans and defeating skynet was not altered, this movie takes place after those events.

j00t

Also, on a serious note. What's wrong with jai Courtney? He was fine in this. Chemistry between he and Emilia Clark was lacking, but i don't think it was really as bad as everyone is saying. He was in a couple poor movies, like die hard, but I don't think that was his fault, other than being in the movie itself.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Clark thinks she is a better actress than she is because she became super popular after letting Jason Mamoa cornhole her on camera for GoT. She now thinks she can act and has her tiny tits on full lockdown and without them distracting you, its easy to notice how terrible she is at acting. I don't blame any of the chemistry stuff on Courtney, because his interactions with Arnie and John were spot on.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This hard on you have for Clarke is kind of pathetic, and you don't seem capable of even mentioning her without going ROBBLE ROBBLE MAMOA CORNHOLE ROBBLE ROBBLE.

She was no better or worse than any of the other principals in this movie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think Clark thinks she is a better actress than she is because she became super popular after letting Jason Mamoa cornhole her on camera for GoT. She now thinks she can act and has her tiny tits on full lockdown and without them distracting you, its easy to notice how terrible she is at acting. I don't blame any of the chemistry stuff on Courtney, because his interactions with Arnie and John were spot on.
What a stalker says for 500, Alex.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hard on? I guess. I just have an issue with someone who makes their name showing their junk acting like they are suddenly too good for that. Outside of GoT has anything she has been in achieved even moderate success? She was bad and I doubt anyone could name someone who did a worse job in the movie. In fact she was the single worst part of it, aside from the pg13 rating. Imagine how much better this would have been if someone with solid acting chops got cast.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She hasn't been in anything of note outside of GoT and voicing Dr Zoidberg's love interest in Futurama. and in Genisys she did an acceptable job playing an awkward character. This version of Sarah Connor is the 29 year old badass from T2 stuffed into the body of the 19 year old from T1, with a side order of raised from childhood by an inhuman killing machine with knowledge of the future. Maybe someone else could have nailed it, but she certainly didn't flub it.

She has had moments of greatness in GoT, but the writing for her character is generally consistent with the books, which is to say boring, awful, and tedious. But I thought she absolutely nailed it when she freed the Unsullied and ordered them to kill all the Old Masters, and the look on her face when Drogon saved her from the Sons of the Harpy was exactly how I thought a mother should look after being reunited with a lost child.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I found this movie to be decent. Good, but not great. The two leads I thought were terrible. Uninteresting and no chemistry. Just seeing Arnold be the Terminator again saved the movie. The plot was great. Clarke is absolutely no Sarah Conner. I hate to be "knees too sharp" guy but for someone preparing for Judgement Day she was too "soft and pudgy." She was Terminator 1 Sarah. She was not a Terminator 2 Sarah. Terminator 2 Sarah would eat Clarke alive.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate to be "knees too sharp" guy but for someone preparing for Judgement Day she was too "soft and pudgy." She was Terminator 1 Sarah. She was not a Terminator 2 Sarah. Terminator 2 Sarah would eat Clarke alive.
This version of Sarah Connor is the 29 year old badass from T2 stuffed into the body of the 19 year old from T1
She's still only a 19 year old girl, and I don't know if Clarke is even physically capable of looking like Linda Hamilton did in T2.

j00t

That's a fair point though. We all saw what Sarah Conner did as soon as she understood what was happening. She went full on survival mode. She didn't have room to be soft. I get that Clarke was probably opposed to going all muscle veiny like Hamilton did, but they should have gotten an actress who WANTED to do that.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
That's a fair point though. We all saw what Sarah Conner did as soon as she understood what was happening. She went full on survival mode. She didn't have room to be soft. I get that Clarke was probably opposed to going all muscle veiny like Hamilton did, but they should have gotten an actress who WANTED to do that.
HThey should have hired that pole vaulter with the epic ass hahah!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lena Headey didn't really look like T2 Linda Hamilton either, she just doesn't have that round faced look that Emilia Clarke does. I suspect that even if Clarke got super ripped she'd still have a soft, round looking face that would spoil the look.