Terraria

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ended up finally going into hardmode in my game that I'm playing with my brother. We started off getting trashed constantly because stuff just got extremely hard. He's more of a ranged character using guns and I'm more of a magic character. He was farming the ice golems right when hard mode started and I went to the dungeon to get some ectoplasm to get that Spectre set. While I was there I got that Magnet Sphere (op as fuck) and the tactical shotgun + sniper rifle, which I gave to him.

Now he's full frost armor with a shotgun + sniper rifle and I'm full spectre gear with magnet spear + uhh some staff that drops from the dungeon as well. Spectre staff or something. It's really not that hard anymore, although we've only fought Skeletron Prime so far. I'm assuming when we play again we'll fight some more bosses but at the moment I'm building some housing on a sky island and we might slowly relocate everything up there just so we don't have to worry about the corruption. That or we were thinking about flooding everything with lava...that'll take care of the corruption, right? haha.

Absolutely love this game.

Caliane

Oh right was thinking it was the Mechanic. Still doable with 2 other methods though, one involves farming a Rod of Discord which can take a while, other involves abusing a bug with the new flat tiles, you use the hammer on a block to flatten it in a certain direction then trying to move into it fucks your position and moves you somewhere close, in a few minutes you'll eventually get moved inside the temple itself.

Just setting up a key farm as soon as you enter hard mode breaks the game though, dungeon isn't closed or doesn't spawn hard mode mobs so opening the chests is easy as fuck, and Vampire Knives break the game instantly, and to an extent so does Rainbow Gun, Scourge or Frost Hydra. Only the piranha gun is meh.
hindsight I was wrong about being able to skip breaking altars. need mythril anvil.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just triggered the brain of cthulu unwittingly and now all my shit is at the bottom of a dungeon. Is it going to camp my corpse?

Caliane

haha.

nah. bosses will despawn if you die. some instantly. some have a grace period.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Lol, just died wearing my backup armor halfway back and now I'm naked with a silver broadsword trying to get back to the second corpse and just got a message that a goblin army is invading from the east. Both my corpses are to the east, hah hah. This game is awesome.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm still in lead armor.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lol, just died wearing my backup armor halfway back and now I'm naked with a silver broadsword trying to get back to the second corpse and just got a message that a goblin army is invading from the east. Both my corpses are to the east, hah hah. This game is awesome.
I spent a couple of hours getting my corpse back in the hard mode dungeon when I was farming spectre armor. Was doing naked runs through it hoping teleporting casters wouldn't spawn and shit like that, was pretty fun. Was mostly an issue because I started from a mini house at the dungeon entrance though, if you start from your main house you should have multiple backup sets, but I guess it kinda depends on how far you are.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was able to take down golem yesterday, but it was kind of a buzz kill. My first map didn't have the altar in it so I made a second. Got to the temple, found the altar, spawned golem. He was bugged inside of the walls / ceiling because of the room shape, didn't move at all. I was just able to sit there and murderize him until I was out of cells. Got 100% of items to drop and bailed.

I honestly don't know what to do with this game now. I can keep going with the ridiculously overpowered gear that I have, or I can start over. For me, the journey of this game has been much more fun than the end game. I think I am going to spin up a mediumcore character on a new world and give that a go. I may do hardcore at some point, but that seems like I am asking for heart ache based on how my first play through went. Goblin Army approaching you say? oh shit.

What is there to do end game really? I made all the cool accessories I wanted except the Bone Lee stuff. I figure I can try and collect trophies, make cooler houses, play with tinkering / traps potentially. Would rather do it all again on mediumcore though for some added challenge.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah there's not much to do once you reach endgame, can farm the rare drops and build houses but that's about it. Leveling another char without twinking is fairly fun though, especially mediumcore can add an interesting layer of difficulty, but if you don't have long to play you need to be able to leave your PC on cause it sucks otherwise.

Not too different from a traditional game though, other than the lack of a cutscene at the end to tell you the game is over. Golem is definitely anticlimatic though. The temple is interestingly different(as in traps everywhere) but then the boss is boring and easy, even when you don't exploit the fact it has collision unlike other bosses. There's gonna be a new boss eventually though, on twitter the main dev guy said there's going to be a moon boss and it's not related to the halloween event that's coming soon.

Caliane

yeah. Build stuff! that is where you really need to be playing multiplayer though. or at least some friendly competition here or forums, posting your stuff for all to see.
The game IS a sandbox.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So I died last night and logged off cause i was tired, all my gear was gone where I died when i logged back on this morning. WTF is shit??? I had a lot of stuff that's going to be hard to replace

ubiquitrips

Oh, holy hell, I just found this out a couple of days ago but if you don't know it blows. When building stuff, use the right mouse button :p. Will auto build very fast rather than spamming left click ><.

By build I meant crafting.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I died last night and logged off cause i was tired, all my gear was gone where I died when i logged back on this morning. WTF is shit??? I had a lot of stuff that's going to be hard to replace
If you don't play a multiplayer server, every items on the ground disapears anywhere when you log off. If you die in mediumcore and have to go, you have to leave your computer and terraria on. If the server goes down same shit though. That's just how it is.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I'm sorry, did development on this pick back up? I thought the dev's abandoned this and went to Starbound.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm sorry, did development on this pick back up? I thought the dev's abandoned this and went to Starbound.
Few weeks ago(oct 1st) update 1.2 was released and it was a major update, new item tiers, new bosses, new biomes. Main dev guy came back or whatever, not too sure what's the situation.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
That's why I play easycore, I play this to relax, not to get angry.
Yep anytime i made a -CORE character I regreted the decision in terraria and it sapped the fun away.. Yet the competitve gamer in me always pushes me towards those "hard modes"... I dont learn ;p

Dying in hell over and over trying to find your stuff aint fun.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So can i take my character and some of his gear over to an easycore world before i get too invested in this one or do i have to make a whole new character?

Remmy

the difficulty is tied to the character. so you should be able to drop all the gear in your current world in a chest, then login to the same world with a new character and be able to pick up where you left off except for being down the life and mana gained through stars and crystals