Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect

iannis

Musty Nester
Search forum thread titties, parameter "tex" returned nothing. NOTHING

Didn't read lol

Cool though. I did think it was odd that I'd be the first to notice a new fucking Tex Murphy

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I'm sure the fault lies with me, but I never find thread titles/content/posters I'm looking for via search.

I must not know how to use it, though I'd think it'd be a simple and relatively intuitive process

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This is out tomorrow!

So looking forwards to it (though dreading having to do the damn mantle puzzle again. I am no good at sliding puzzles). Wish they would also do a kickstarter for HD remakes of the older games. Nothing new, just fund the development cost of brushing them up a bit. I would easily pay for that, and think that they would still sell well today. Great stories. Under a killing moon was amazing when it came out.

EDIT: Been wondering about the size due to the low cost of the game. Apparently there is over 5 hours of just FMV sequences, so larger than any of the previous games.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just got my Steam key credit for the game. Unfortunately stuck in the office all day so won't be able to start until tonight. Boo hiss!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I gave up on the demo due to that sliding puzzle. I hate those things. Will make a more concerted effort when I buy the full game.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just got my Steam key credit for the game. Unfortunately stuck in the office all day so won't be able to start until tonight. Boo hiss!
Ditto. Got mine at 5am (on the west coast) so I was able to start the massive download before leaving. Can't wait.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Was thinking more about the time it takes to complete. It is around 8 hours long according to a IGN review (Norwegian one). 7.3/10

The verdict they gave was that it is not perfect, but true to the roots and feels like a Tex Murphy game.

Downloading it now.

EDIT: As to sliding puzzle. Small hint for it

Upstairs in the same room, there is a picture on the wall that hides a safe. That picture shows the full picture of the sliding puzzle one. It shows what it is supposed to look like, and is helpful in giving an idea where the pieces should go. NOTE: Using the picture will push it to the side, and you will not be able to look at it again. So don't use it until you finished the sliding puzzle if you want a template. Since it is only two high, you can work from left to right (the "hole" in the picture will be the last one on the bottom right). Using the template, going left to right, it becomes easier as you can just focus on getting the first 4 pieces in order, then the rest should be fairly easy by just rotating due to it only being two high.

Also, small hint to scores if you care about that, be sure to examine all pieces (including all steps of a combine) for 2 points per examine. If you use 3 items for a 2 step combined item and examine only the last finished piece, I think you will only get 2 points instead of a possible 10.

Zulst_sl

shitlord
Played this for 5 hours before giving up on a wine rack puzzle. Probably overthinking it. Worth the price of admission so far. I've missed these old FMV adventure games.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Still haven't started. Fucking download time. Will be playing this all day tomorrow.

Thanks for using spoiler tags folks.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I didn't put two and two together until Slacker Alex used the Tom Servo joke from MST3K: The Movie and I was like, "oh, Kevin Murphy!"

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You must have slow internet, huh?
My Time Warner bill was up to 200 a month. Switched to Directv/verizon. Now down to 256kbs. Still 3 hours left on download....slower than old people fucking. Saving 120 a month though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Played it for about an hour. Loving it so far. Great Easter Eggs with the throwback videos, and the story is really fascinating so far and we haven't even gotten in to Nikola Tesla yet. Also really liked all the comments for the major donators mugshots.

Reached a point where I need to find a wheel for the zipline thingy, and/or keys to warehouse. If someone wants to spoiler those for me, it'd save some time when I get home tonight. Pretty much scoured Chandler ave, back alleys and Coit. Missing something obvious I'm sure.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played it for about an hour. Loving it so far. Great Easter Eggs with the throwback videos, and the story is really fascinating so far and we haven't even gotten in to Nikola Tesla yet. Also really liked all the comments for the major donators mugshots.

Reached a point where I need to find a wheel for the zipline thingy, and/or keys to warehouse. If someone wants to spoiler those for me, it'd save some time when I get home tonight. Pretty much scoured Chandler ave, back alleys and Coit. Missing something obvious I'm sure.
Zipline wheel

behind a trashcan on the ground next to a locked gate (where you can walk up the steel ladder connected to the little balcony). Not far from the actual zlip line device. Would be more detailed, but going from memory. Have to download the game again as I got a new computer today

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The key to the Snow White Warehouse is in the Golden Gate Hotel on the little desk with the Salt Lake, Utah pamphlets. There is also a code to get in which is...

...under a rock right next to the warehouse door

Right now I'm stuck maybe an hour after that on where to go next after:

You get the Llama Club Key and the picture of the hot blonde. Interrogated everyone, Holly is on strike, and can't find what I'm missing. Wasn't anything to do at the Club other than play the broken golf game which was just a FMV scene

edit: playing on Gamer, btw, without any hints

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm at pretty much the same spot, but I think I found what to do after that:

Have you gone back to Tex's office?