Tex Murphy: The Tesla Effect

Siliconemelons

There was one with Tia carre that was pretty bad too. Might even be the same game. Gabriel Knight 2 was probably the best. But Wing Commander 3 had the best combination of game and movie IMO. Loved that era of "multimedia"
There where two, they all blended together- we got the other because of the first one we saw and how terribad it was.

Maximum Surge (Video Game 1996) - IMDb- its also called "Game Over" that's the one I saw

I don't mind bad controls, I go back and play like space quest 3 and 4 and quest for glory etc because they are fun :)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There are only a couple of things that I would really like to see a larger budget game change.

One being the quality and consistency of the dialogue trees and choices. They were very hit or miss on how they blended in to the overall conversations. Sometimes the didn't reflect what the conversation was even about. Hopefully a little more funding and time / quality control could address that.

Two the quality of the textures and backgrounds. There is a fine line between keeping the look and feel of one of these games and expecting it to look like a AAA production. But certainly they could do better than some of the stuff they used.

Everything else was pretty spot on. Wouldn't ask for better actors or a better story, or anything like that. It was a welcomed visit to an old series and genre that I'm glad to find I still enjoy and it wasn't just rose colored glasses. It was #1 on GOG for a while and was trending on Steam after they worked out whatever bug it had. About 10 seconds of Google couldn't uncover actual sales numbers though. Maybe Big Finish will do a post-mort and release something.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think you should really let them experience a steam sale or two, this is a game I would absolutely buy for 5 bucks, but not at full price. I think there is a lot of people like me who would do the same. Sales on digital titles really drive profits compared to sales on say brick and mortar copies - its not even the same animal. There is no way this doesn't make money if it goes on sale twice this year.

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, he nailed it. It came out in a day and age where every video was like a little treat to watch. It holds a special charm for early 90s gamers who loved "multimedia" and puzzle games. I hope you like it, but I would never recommend this series to anyone who didn't love the originals. Kind of like LEXX, I think it's one of the greatest Sci-Fi stories ever (1-3), but I never recommend it to friends.
Fuck I hate that show. Space played it incessantly when it first launched.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Got an email today from the Kickstarter that Oculus Rift support will be added "soon". It's also going to go on sale on Steam, and GoG shortly.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got around to playing this. As an avid fan of the previous Tex Murphy games, I have to say that I absolutely loved it. The textures for the actual gameplay didn't effect me at all. When I played this I expected something in the vein of Under A Killing Moon graphically and I got something far better and with better controls. I could have done without the sliding puzzles and the actor for the electronics shop was just terrible but c'est la vie.

If you love old Tex Murphy games than this game is totally worth the price.