The 90s kid thread

ShakyJake

<Donor>
90s memory: fucking with the autoexec.bat file on my friend's 286 for an hour to try and get just the right amount of TSRs removed so we could play Wolf3d.exe. I also remember making special boot disks for certain games.
Oh yes.

515lAydklML._SX342_.jpg

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else remember Battle Masters?

BATTLE_MASTERS_BOARD_GAME_SASKATOON.jpg

Or Fireball Island?

blogfireballislandfull.jpg

Some weird fuck in our neighborhood actually somehow got into our house when no one was home and his intent wasn't to steal anything, but to play that fucking game. It was because he liked the "colors and the textures and the tense."

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I remember both those games, but the game I played more than any other in the 90s was:

rrr_img_67619.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's still stuffed somewhere in the attic at my parents' house.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I remember both those games, but the game I played more than any other in the 90s was:

rrr_img_67619.jpg

I loved playing Zargon and pissing my brothers off with cheesy mob spawns.

loved Battle Masters too

iannis

Musty Nester
250px-TalismanCover.jpg

This shit. This shit right here.

Played that more than Hero Quest. Hero Quest was alright too though.

Rubiks-Q-Bert_sl

shitlord
Yes. This. Maybe one of you people can help me with this. I had prodigy myself as a kid and there was an ongoing story that updated every day or every week. I want to say there was some indians or something in it. Just wondered if anyone remembered anything like that. I know it's vague but that was a long time ago...

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>

rrr_img_67619.jpg

Dig it out. These are selling for $100+ on ebay.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_67725.jpg

Was it this bad boy or another model that could practically strip the paint off a damn car when fully pumped?

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_67725.jpg

Was it this bad boy or another model that could practically strip the paint off a damn car when fully pumped?
rrr_img_67730.jpg

Had tons of fun playing "guns" with Super Soakers. However my parents had a great idea to pick up the back-pack for me. When fully loaded with water this thing felt like a 2 ton brick on your 11 year old back. Imagine trying to chase friends around a yard with it filled, needless to say I was soaked.

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_67730.jpg

Had tons of fun playing "guns" with Super Soakers. However my parents had a great idea to pick up the back-pack for me. When fully loaded with water this thing felt like a 2 ton brick on your 11 year old back. Imagine trying to chase friends around a yard with it filled, needless to say I was soaked.
Everyone always wanted the big ones with lots of water. This was the best one to have. Just enough to get your friends wet and small enough to sprint around with.
Super_soaker_50.jpg

Then they came out with all that XP garbage
frown.png

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The 50 was the honest super soaker. But Its true I always wanted the big flamethrower water tank
At least for the two months of summer the North ever gets.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had one like this which didn't pressurize, it would just shoot out one blast like a fire-hose for every time you drew it back towards yourself. Pump action baby.

One blast would totally soak a guy.
rrr_img_67737.jpg