The 90's Thread

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
On the lesser known side, I saw these bands multiple times in Deep Ellum in the early 90's.

The Rev Horton Heat was always good and Course of Empire was one of the best shows I have ever been to. They ran with 2 drum sets and in a smaller arena it was amazing.

Saw the Reverend at the Hall of Shame (Hall of Fame) in College Station while in school back in 2001. One of the greatest concerts I ever had the chance to attend. He's the man that got me into rock-a-billy / psycho-billy music, which led to my affinity for surf and such...

So, some of that shit from the 90's

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Rockabilly has always been on the heels of what I listen to, folk/country & rock n roll. I've heard of Reverend Horton before and I know of Ellum as a venue spot. Course of Empire doesn't ring a bell. But Dull Dull , I do believe you've found a kindred spirit in the good Dr.

I'm listening to this stuff. It definitely ain't half bad; I'm more versed in Bill Monroe than Carl Perkins, though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dull

Molten Core Raider
Rockabilly has always been on the heels of what I listen to, folk/country & rock n roll. I've heard of Reverend Horton before and I know of Ellum as a venue spot. Course of Empire doesn't ring a bell. But Dull Dull , I do believe you've found a kindred spirit in the good Dr.

I'm listening to this stuff. It definitely ain't half bad; I'm more versed in Bill Monroe than Carl Perkins, though.

Course of Empire just never quite made it, not surprised you havent heard of them. They did tour but it was Dallas that was their home base. Here is their (I guess) most famous song, was in the movie Dark City right before they broke up.

Also love me some rockabilly, altcountry (as long as its not too twangy and more punk, love The Old 97's). And dam I forgot about Man or Astroman? Got a little bit into surf after The Rev Horton Heat but really this song turned me on.

Does that count as a 90's song (Pulp Fiction)? It definitely revived the movement.

• 3Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Don't like Everclear and not a Manson fan. But shit, I don't like Whitney Houston either. Shitposting is what it is.

Course of Empire just never quite made it, not surprised you havent heard of them. They did tour but it was Dallas that was their home base. Here is their (I guess) most famous song, was in the movie Dark City right before they broke up.

Also love me some rockabilly, altcountry (as long as its not too twangy and more punk, love The Old 97's). And dam I forgot about Man or Astroman? Got a little bit into surf after The Rev Horton Heat but really this song turned me on.

Does that count as a 90's song (Pulp Fiction)? It definitely revived the movement.
Dark City. Guess I have heard Course of Empire and didn't know it!

Wish you woulda picked a different surf song, one most hadn't heard before; at least it wasn't Wipe Out ;) I was negged in the 80s thread back on rerolled for shitposting. It's alright, fohbro, I don't give a shit about the rules.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
***VID***

***VID***

Counts close enough. Brought the King of Surf Rock back into the limelight for a brief period. Also, got a chance to see Man or Astroman last summer in Austin. Pretty amazing show. They had been on a relatively long hiatus, but regrouped, cut another album (one of their best), and hit the road again. Was thankful for a chance to see them.

Anyways....some vids....

• 3Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Since I am on an Eagles kick right now - here is a little something from 1994...
there was a little something from 94...
Get Over It. (no, that was the song, I am not telling you to get over it,,, :) )

Last edited:
  • 3Like