The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Green I love ya but goddamn you are going a little nuts. Akkadius is good people and has been doing it for forever.
Yeah but if Akkadius is buds with Rogean, I can't have anything to do with him or his game.

You know one of Rogean's p99 staff members doxed me from my guide app and then Rogean called my employer to try and get me fired, right? That actually happened. A month ago. In real life. That's p99 management/staff for you.

Go ahead and call me crazy (lots of people do), but I'm just trying to protect myself from a madmanchild (Rogean) and his illegal shill RMT company (Rogean Technologies, LLC) and his cronies who abuse private information to threaten and harass.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Trakanon raid tonight @ 6pm EST after I'm done work. Might stream it if anyone's interested. I play/main a single character (Beastlord)

My Twitch

Trakanon raid tonight @ 6pm EST after I'm done work. Might stream it if anyone's interested. I play/main a single character (Beastlord)

My Twitch
Aren't you also a GM?

Nevermind,yes, you are a GM.

rrr_img_127706.png

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Think the only time I've ever logged into a GM account is to use #optest in a non-local environment :p

Or turn myself into a boat in POK because that's hilarious.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the work you put into things I love, Secrets. Including Dalaya, Eqmac, etc. I'm going to play on p2002 for the foreseeable future but I hope one day bridges can be mended and I can get to enjoy your fantastic work once more.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Thanks for the work you put into things I love, Secrets. Including Dalaya, Eqmac, etc. I'm going to play on p2002 for the foreseeable future but I hope one day bridges can be mended and I can get to enjoy your fantastic work once more.
I sincerely hope they get mended too; I may be spiteful but i'm not a total asshole. I care about the players more than anything else. If you're enjoying P2002 then that's great.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
got proof?

or proof that rogean is actually an RMT kingpin?

those GM/guide logs didn't really show anything.
I'm pretty sure the work call thing did happen. However, the RMT kingpin stuff and other shenanigans I don't believe are true.

got proof?
The proof of the harassing phone call in an attempt to get one of his ex-guides and former players fired definitely exists, and has even already beenrap remixed. The remix is actually quite good as far as EQEmu meta-content goes. Anyway, someone else can post the links here. I'm not that stupid.

As far as Rogean being involved in the RMT laundering operation, he will be forced to show his cards soon, because he is going to have to explain the income for Rogean Technologies, LLC as well as Christopher Norton Landscaping prior to R-Tech taking over the laundering scheme in 2014/2015. My guess is he switched from "landscaping" to "web hosting" because it might seem more legitimate and harder to track, given his skillsets. With a fake landscaping company, it's kind of tough to really hide it if you get audited. With a business like that, you should have actual customers and receipts and stuff, trucks, lawnmowers, etc... However, with a web hosting "company" it's much easier to hide the assets and flow of money, especially if you've funded it over the years with tax free, illegally obtained, and unreported money.

At this point, it seems like he has been given DBG's blessing to continue to rake in tens of thousands of dollars on the side because DBG knows it keeps interest in EQ alive, and that ultimately benefits them. Who knows, maybe DBG is even taking a cut now. That would kind of make sense.

I DO wonder if he has been completely honest with them about everything, though? I can't imagine he has...

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Can you please explain who will be forcing Rogean to show his cards and explain the alleged income?

If its the IRS are you expecting that info to be public?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not buying any of this Rogean conspiracy theory shit but if you guys don't think they make any money off RMT I think your lying to yourself. Maybe that's not the argument but whatever, I think it happens to some extent.

othree

You'd have to be pretty much covering your ears and eyes and shouting "NO, Rogean is a good man!" to have not realized he's heavily involved in RMT on P99 at this point in time.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
You realize devs also play games that they work on, right?
Not all of us. I've only played the emu for a week 14 months ago. There's just too much work to do. Several of the devs don't play much or at all, really.

A few of us need to eat the dog food though, to find and fix QoL issues.

othree

Yeah. I don't take any issue with dev's playing the game. I do take issues with dev's publicly announcing what toon/guild they're in, simply because asshats DO exist. And no matter what you do, they will talk shit and act like you're doing your guild favors. So, as learned on Winters Roar/pre-2010 SoD, it's better to just play and keep who you are to yourself.

The smaller the community, the less it really matters though. Most small communities are more understanding and there are many, many less asshats that live to call out anything they can find to call out.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I agree. Secrets doesn't do a lot of GM work though; he mostly does technical work that very few people are capable of.

However it's less of an issue here because we have mandatory rotations if and when guilds start to become uncivil. (not enforced currently)

othree

Yeah, I realize this topic got brought up because of Secrets, but I was really just speaking generally. Right on!