The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I was Rogean I would literally never talk to anyone ever.

People start taking screenshots of shit I type up and post them on a place I vowed to never return too.

IDK tho maybe he likes the attention. Probably has an alt account here.

And I definitely wouldn't abuse my relationship with them just to further an internet argument without letting them know "hey btw imma post this on rerolled whatever you reply with".

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If I was Rogean I would literally never talk to anyone ever.

People start taking screenshots of shit I type up and post them on a place I vowed to never return too.

IDK tho maybe he likes the attention. Probably has an alt account here.

And I definitely wouldn't abuse my relationship with them just to further an internet argument without letting them know "hey btw imma post this on rerolled whatever you reply with".
I agree and shit like that's why I am not going to post anymore on this subject than I have already.

Everyone did some shit to each other that the other one hates, and no one wins. People definitely need to move on, on both sides - for the sake of the players and their own sanity.

I'll move on when Rogean removes Braknar for doxxing me from my guide application, or when Braknar owns up to what he did and resigns.

In the meantime... does this look familiar to anybody?

LyAAMAW.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Raid window and Bazaar/Nexus being implemented tomorrow March 9th. Also, server wide /ooc and /auction are being disabled to begin stress testing chat channels.

Also Speedz is working on a new Mac launcher (PC after) that will install the game for you if you don't have it. Barrier to entry for TAKP will be minimal to non-existent.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Props to Fifey for taking my invitation to get started on TAKP; I welcome the rest of you with open arms. I think he got hooked up pretty nicely.

Server population has been on an upswing lately which has brought some more server-wide guild activity. Velious development continues along nicely as we gear up on the production side for the first VP raid at the start of April.

Patches and code updates coming at an unequaled rate. No gimmicks, no giveaways, just a great server. Come join us.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Props to Fifey for taking my invitation to get started on TAKP; I welcome the rest of you with open arms. I think he got hooked up pretty nicely.

Server population has been on an upswing lately which has brought some more server-wide guild activity. Velious development continues along nicely as we gear up on the production side for the first VP raid at the start of April.

Patches and code updates coming at an unequaled rate. No gimmicks, no giveaways, just a great server. Come join us.
What is the server population at these days?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Started up here this week, first time playing since Alpha.

The forum tools are slick and easy. Installation has been made very easy.

The game plays well, at least at the lower levels. My monk dodges a lot, haven't seen mobs warping or getting stuck under the ground. No complaints.

Hope to see population increase a bit - EQMac was always light, but this is a bit too empty for my tastes. Game is stable, hope people didn't burn out their interest running around in Classic. Hoping to catch up in time to enjoy the Velious release.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
We expect the population to rise gradually. Emu community is just a bit tired of Kunark ATM but we'll get more interest when Velious drops and should only go up with each next expac.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
once you guys get to Luclin i bet you're going to have a huge population spike. there are 0 quality Luclin+ servers out there.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
once you guys get to Luclin i bet you're going to have a huge population spike. there are 0 quality Luclin+ servers out there.
Yup, Im still slowly trudging along through levels but finding it real hard to do the lguk grind to 50 since I'm so burned out on kunark/classic.

My plan is to get 60 one day and just kind of mellow until Luclin.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
We expect the population to rise gradually. Emu community is just a bit tired of Kunark ATM but we'll get more interest when Velious drops and should only go up with each next expac.
Yeah, that's what I suspected.

Codebase plays very well. I've had zero issues, which is saying quite a lot for an EMU. The only thing to scare players off should be the client itself, not the work the devs have done, which again is incredibly impressive.

Kunark isn't super fun, but it's way better than just classic. It's fun enough to scratch my current itch, but I don't know if I'll stick around or, like fifey, just wait around for the game to get more fun for my tastes. Content seems to be coming out at a good pace, and Luclin isn't as big an expansion as Velious, and if desired PoP could be released in pieces to get the masses interested (PoP Tier1+2 is basically all the content groupers get anyways).

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
In my off time from work I've been trying to figure out some of the client crashes. Hoping that won't be an issue soon. At least got device resets working, sort of, conditionally.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
New EQMac Windows Hack Fix:

-The client no longer crashes on CTRL ALT DELETE or any action that causes a device reset (UAC popup)
-'Fixed position' eqw2.ini option. I can't remember why I made this, but it locks your screen size.
-Included Haynar's framerate limiter (eqgame.dll) in this package.

Download below:
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/68rl23

Changing your screen resolution will NOT work under this mode. You will have to manually set it in eqclient.ini with the game off, this is part of the crash fix.