The Americans

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It doesn't really feel like Homeland to me. I don't know how to describe it. I'm really still on the fence about the show. The cat and the mouse in this show are implausibly closely involved, and that still hasn't really become comfortable for me yet.

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what about it was exactly but I'm assuming this is more of the same dialogue heavy, cat and mouse, political drama?
Haven't seen homeland so can't compare them, but the show is definitely not dialogue heavy/slow moving. So far no episode has seemed like place holder/filler and there's a good amount of action built in. It's surprisingly light on politics as well given the shows subject matter. If your on the fence about it, it's worth checking out a couple of episodes in a row to get a feel for it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I haven't watched this yet but was thinking about investing in it. It gives a really Homeland vibe although surely won't be as critically acclaimed. Just wondering if that's what to expect from this series as I fucking HATED Homeland. Not sure what about it was exactly but I'm assuming this is more of the same dialogue heavy, cat and mouse, political drama?

Edit: Not that I'm against that style of show. I loved Rubicon which I'd say is a similar style even though that show was horrendously slow and never really went anywhere.
I like this better than Homeland because Homeland is supposed to be about counter-terrorism/intelligence but usually just ends up devolving into chases and firefights with someone going against orders to be the hero. The Americans truly feels like a spy vs. spy show because they keep fights and chases short and more believable while sticking to the premesis that following orders and being smart are the only things keeping you alive. Add that to the 80's lack of technology/communication and it really does make for an intriguing show.

Brad2770

I really like this show. From what I read, "Granny" filmed pilot to another show, so there is a chance she will not return to The Americans. I really hope that she does, especially after last night. The car chase scene was pretty bad ass as well. I wouldn't complain about another couple of those in the show. Anyways, really enjoyed this show. it felt different from a lot of the other things that I watch.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy this show as well. The finale was pretty good, and granny getting her hands dirty was a nice touch.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yea this was surprisingly good. I like that most of the events are subtle and small scale, so that next season doesn't really have to try and 1up the first. I suspect Granny will return, at least for a couple episodes. Unless they skip time, which would be really disappointing, they'll need to legitimize the Elizabeth caring for Great Aunt story while Elizabeth recovers from the wound.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I wanted to watch this show when it first came on but I didn't have the time. I finally got around to sitting down and watching it and I ended up doing a marathon of it over 2 days. Awesome show over all and apparently really underrated because no one I know has seen or even heard of it. If you haven't watched this yet, or if you're looking for something to fill the summer TV gap, give this a try.

p.s the actress playing Nina is quite possibly the hottest woman on the face of the earth.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
MV5BMTQ4NDkyMjI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU1Mjg2Nw@@._V1._SX333_SY500_.jpg

She needs to gain about 5 pounds but she is still super hot.

Brad2770

Super stoked. Best part of this show is as soon as the season ends, Game of Thrones starts up.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Just caught up on this one. All I can say is that this is a great show that more people should watch. Nina might be the hottest chick on the planet.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So did that dude eat out his wife a mere hours after she was three way fucking some dude?

I have a rule about how long between dicks it must be before going down

Krag

Peasant
So did that dude eat out his wife a mere hours after she was three way fucking some dude?

I have a rule about how long between dicks it must be before going down
From their talk after breakfast it seems like they could have staged it (a bit) to keep the daughter from barging in again, but at the same time, they'd have to be pretty fucking fast on the trigger if nothing was happening already
smile.png

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
From their talk after breakfast it seems like they could have staged it (a bit) to keep the daughter from barging in again, but at the same time, they'd have to be pretty fucking fast on the trigger if nothing was happening already
smile.png
...no

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Just caught up on this one. All I can say is that this is a great show that more people should watch. Nina might be the hottest chick on the planet.
I concur on both counts. This show is fantastic and I don't understand why no one seems to be watching it. Also, Nina is insanely hot. Every time she's on screen I wish this were an HBO show so we'd be getting some real nudity.

*Edit* I also think this show has one of the coolest title sequences ever. I love the juxtaposition of Soviet and American rough equivalents.