The Americans

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This was probably the best episode so far of the series. I really felt bad for the scientist as he was being driven to the port, and I felt equally as bad for Phillip cause he clearly didn't want to do it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This was probably the best episode so far of the series. I really felt bad for the scientist as he was being driven to the port, and I felt equally as bad for Phillip cause he clearly didn't want to do it.
Agreed. The whole mission-- from his interaction with the Mossad agent to the pleas of the scientist, was top notch. It had a gritty deepness that previous episodes lacked, and I wouldn't be surprised if it foreshadows Philip revisiting his second thoughts about defecting. The comment from the Mossad agent along the lines of "Me? I'm bronze, I get to go home for Passover. You're platinum-- I may hide what I do, but you? You hide who you are" was both awesome and deep. My only complaint is that the scrap they had with the Israeli agents wasn't some cake walk and they took some significant hits, yet they're back at home with the kids without a scratch/bruise on them?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been catching up this weekend. Keri Russel still makes my brain asphyxiate. Goddamn.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit, no comments since 4/20?? I just watched the finale and it was awesome. The show is firing on all cylinders.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Yep, that was great. I was hoping Beeman would go Rambo and save Nina, but no, this isn't that show.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Crazy end to the season, that I didn't see coming.

Their marriage had finally gotten some stability, the two were agreeing more than ever, but this divide may shake them. Philip is the good guy and Elizabeth can't make up her damn mind.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I guess. Philip is the rock and stays consistent. Guess the woman has to be the crazy one, right?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess. Philip is the rock and stays consistent. Guess the woman has to be the crazy one, right?
I don't know. In the first season, Phillip was the one who kept going back and forth on defecting, while she remained dedicated to the cause. Elizabeth now considering getting Paige involved is actually pretty consistent with that.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I don't know. In the first season, Phillip was the one who kept going back and forth on defecting, while she remained dedicated to the cause. Elizabeth now considering getting Paige involved is actually pretty consistent with that.
Yep, and we even saw it again this season when he went to confront the priest over Paige; he is seriously struggling with the meaning of his life while Elizabeth's struggle is seeing her children grow into the very thing she hates. I don't think it is very hard to see that next season will see Elizabeth's fear for what might happen to Paige become overshadowed by her desire to see Paige find the same path in life that she (Elizabeth) has. Phillip is going to fight it every step of the way but, in the end, I am betting that Paige is told and decides to go along with it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I binged on this over the weekend and caught up. Still pretty good stuff. I can totally see the youth pastor getting a little touchy with Paige and ending up dead, proving the evilness of western society and prompting her to enter the service like her parents.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
BTW we're already on eps4, Nina's role this season is super marginalized. So far hasn't been boring.