The Americans

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Musab

Molten Core Raider
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Americans

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

First aired: 2013-01-30

Creator: Joseph Weisberg

Cast: Holly Taylor, Keidrich Sellati, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich, Keri Russell

Overview: Set during the Cold War period in the 1980s, The Americans is the story of Elizabeth and Philip Jennings, two Soviet KGB officers posing as an American married couple in the suburbs of Washington D.C. and their neighbor, Stan Beeman, an FBI Counterintelligence agent.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 125004[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Americans[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-01-30[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Set during the Cold War period in the 1980s, The Americans is the story of Elizabeth and Philip Jennings, two Soviet KGB officers posing as an American married couple in the suburbs of Washington D.C. and their neighbor, Stan Beeman, an FBI Counterintelligence agent.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

View attachment 37141

Starts January 30 on FX. Has the potential to be good or just turrible.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm interested in hearing early reviews of this show. Like you said, it's either gonna be awesome or really bad.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Whether it turns out good or bad I'm going to give it a shot at least. I'm happy to see something a little different on TV for a change and I'll support it unless it's absolutely abysmal.

Bane_sl

shitlord
http://www.fxnetworks.com/theamericans

The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. The arranged marriage of Philip (Matthew Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Keri Russell), who have two children ? 13-year-old Paige (Holly Taylor) and 10-year-old Henry (Keidrich Sellati), who know nothing about their parents? true identity ? grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Philip?s growing sense of affinity for America?s values and way of life. Tensions also heighten upon the arrival of a new neighbor, Stan Beeman (Noah Emmerich), an FBI agent. Stan and his partner, Agent Chris Amador (Maximiliano Hern?ndez), are members of a new division of Counterintelligence tasked with fighting against foreign agents on U.S. soil, including KGB Directorate S illegals, Russian spies posing as Americans.
Reviews:

http://uwire.com/2013/01/30/tv-revie...-effortlessly/

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainmen...e196d2315.html

Our FX Rep at work gave us a 10 minute preview of the pilot, looked pretty good. FX series have always been top notch TV imo. Will DVR this one for sure and check it out later tonight.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
So it's basically Mr & Mrs Smith meets American Dad?

Still, it could be interesting.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
That Phil Collins/acid bit was just beyond epic. I could see this being added to my SOA & Walking Dead must see weekly shit.

Krag

Peasant
First episode seemed very good, though I'll eat up pretty much any spy stuff so I'm not a good, objective judge of this.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not too sold on the whole "oh, the guy who moves in next store just happens to be in the FBI and just happens to be in counterintelligence, oh, and did we mention he just happens to have been undercover?" It feels contrived. I understand the need for there to be conflict and the risk of them being exposed, but I think they could've come up with a way that didn't feel so lazy.

That said, I do enjoy the premise, particularly in the characterizations of the two that are the spies. I'm hoping there is more focus on them dealing with being Americans and their children growing up in a regime they're trying to take down, and less on their neighbor snooping around and constantlyalmostcatching them.

This could be good. The FX originals I've watched and taken stake in have been rewarding. Cold War shit is always entertaining too. So, I'm hoping this'll work out

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I dig it so far. Writing such an on point neighbor into the mix is definitely hamfisted though.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Merged the two threads. I was on the fence over whether or not to try this, since it seems mostly a positive reaction I will have to give it a shot.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database