The Ascent

Janx

<Silver Donator>
This is out today (on xbox game pass too). And sounds fantastic.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I want to go the Steam route or the Game Pass route for the eventual Xbox purchase...

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if I want to go the Steam route or the Game Pass route for the eventual Xbox purchase...
If I heard Karak right, there's crossplay between PC (Gamepass only, not Steam) and Xbox, but no cross-save at all.

I had it preloaded on XSX, but after hearing him say that the gamepad controls weren't so great I did a quick install onto PC too. Based on what he said about the AI it sounds like ultrawide could be an advantage as well, assuming they've implemented it properly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This optimization seems terrible. Like, I know my PC isn't new, but it's a 1060 running 1080p. I turned almost everything to low and I still get FPS stutters constantly (like every time anything blows up, I use an ability, stuff spawns, boss ability, etc).

Vorph

Aaaand it's WASD on an ARPG. I'm out.
Yeah, it's supposed to be a twin-stick shooter. And I think it plays better that way. I tried both m/k and gamepad on PC and I'm not having any problems with controller aiming even when I need to quickly switch to shooting shit that snuck up behind me.

This optimization seems terrible. Like, I know my PC isn't new, but it's a 1060 running 1080p. I turned almost everything to low and I still get FPS stutters constantly (like every time anything blows up, I use an ability, stuff spawns, boss ability, etc).
Same problems here. Basically anything that causes screen shake also causes massive fps stuttering. It's not what I'd call perfect the rest of the time either, so better to switch to XSX right now before I get too far into the game and have to redo way too much.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

It's a Play Anywhere title, so if you buy it on the MS Store you'll have it for PC and console.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was really looking forward to this, but I've been hearing it has all sorts of performance issues. I'll probably wait a couple months if that's the case.

Vorph

Cross-save does work, btw. I just loaded the game up on my XSX and it resumed right where I left off on PC. It's not using MS' cloud save though, must be something they are doing automatically as long as your session is online with their servers.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
16 gig install on my series X, must be installed on SSD. Looks really cool, will play this weekend. you interested me at cyberpunk but got me on gamepass

reviews are all over the place, one place giving it a 91 and another giving it a 30. da fuq lol

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Don't use DX12 if you switched to that. Apparently it tanks performance.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Been playing it on XSX and its fucking awesome. MMO-type semi-open world with lots of craziness going on and pretty challenging content. I have no idea what the PC version is like, but the XSX is amazeballs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't use DX12 if you switched to that. Apparently it tanks performance.
Nope, was on DX11. Set everything to low and it still ran like shit.

Seems like everyone is having the same issue (at least with Game Pass). Even people with 30x0 cards. Hopefully they patch it.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Grabbed it for PC, it has 0.5 seconds of stutter when it loads a new area, haven't seen any other issues but only played solo so far. I liking it enough to recommend it if you enjoy the genre. Running on all AMD at 60 FPS and 1080P for whatever that is worth.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Nope, was on DX11. Set everything to low and it still ran like shit.

Seems like everyone is having the same issue (at least with Game Pass). Even people with 30x0 cards. Hopefully they patch it.
Never set everything to low, a lot of the times low uses the CPU instead of the GPU.

• 1Like