The Astronomy Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As a guy who enjoys conspiracy shit, the whole Nibiru/PlanetX/Annunaki shit goes just a little too far for my tastes. It takes a special kind of crazy to believe in that shit. I was actually hoping for something a bit more "mundane" like Melvin Melvin here, some theories as to what sort of espionage mission it was supposed to perform. When you look at the limited data and rumours available for many NSA satellites you get some pretty crazy shit, like bus sized satellites with dishes that expand to the size of football fields designed to capture even the faintest transmissions. You also hear of spy satellites with optics so powerful they can read the headlines on newspapers. That's some pretty funky shit right there.

I enjoy them as well, it's more fascinating to me how these individuals come to these conclusions. Some of them are way the fuck out there.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The big problem is that every major government can track satellites. Despite all hollywood stories, there's no real stealth satellite. The US govt is deploying a new tracking system that will track every object down to 1/2 inch. While China and Russia probably don't have that resolution, I'm fairly confident that they'd track Zuma. And if it was hidden to bypass congressional oversight, they'd be delighted to announce to everyone that it is in fact operational to derail the process...
Not only governments but amateur astronomers use powerful cameras to look at random satellites and track them all the time.

Either way its all a bunch of fucking horseshit. Spending tens of billions of our tax dollars on god only knows what retarded boondoggle. I wish everything I docould be shrouded behind classified redtape.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
http://www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/zumapresskit.pdf

Seems plausible that really wasn't a satellite at all I can't find any source besides media assuming that is was. Mission sheet says Spacecraft multiple times so I went and looked at previous missions and they clearly say Satellite so it doesn't seem to be an issue of nomenclature .

View attachment 159262

Satellites and other objects with constant orbital velocities are significantly more predictable and easier to observe than spacecraft. /checkmate

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
mars-north-polar-ice-cap.jpg

Cliffs reveal large deposits of water ice just below the surface on Mars.

Water is not only available on Mars, it’s easily accessible, NASA finds

the discovery does suggest that future missions to the Red Planet would be able to attain drinking water and make rocket fuel, both of which would be crucial to their success. The discovery was made using NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO), and involves “eight sites where thick deposits of ice beneath Mars’ surface are exposed in faces of eroding slopes,” according to a NASA news release.

The ice deposits could help scientists glean more information about underground ice sheets in the middle latitudes of Mars, which had previously gone undetected. Researchers believe that the ice initially took the form of snow many, many years ago. Now, however, it remains as “relatively pure water ice” though it is “capped by a layer one to two yards thick of ice-cemented rock and dust.”​

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
mars-north-polar-ice-cap.jpg

Cliffs reveal large deposits of water ice just below the surface on Mars.

Water is not only available on Mars, it’s easily accessible, NASA finds

the discovery does suggest that future missions to the Red Planet would be able to attain drinking water and make rocket fuel, both of which would be crucial to their success. The discovery was made using NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO), and involves “eight sites where thick deposits of ice beneath Mars’ surface are exposed in faces of eroding slopes,” according to a NASA news release.

The ice deposits could help scientists glean more information about underground ice sheets in the middle latitudes of Mars, which had previously gone undetected. Researchers believe that the ice initially took the form of snow many, many years ago. Now, however, it remains as “relatively pure water ice” though it is “capped by a layer one to two yards thick of ice-cemented rock and dust.”​

How isn't this on the front page of...well everything?

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Mars will be 1% paradise until they realize they need a slave labor force to build their tunnel cities.

• 1Like