The Astronomy Thread

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
That was crazy watching the first two boosters come down to land side by side. They were showing bird's eye view from each and they looked identical, were moving in unison. Awesome.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Those boosters coming down is one of the coolest fucking things I’ve seen. Holy shit.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Do they know if the core landed successfully on the drone ship?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I got fucking goosebumps when those boosters landed. Had coworkers watching who didn't understand why I was so excited about it, but when those boosters came down everyone kind of felt the excitement. That was fucking awesome.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
That was so surreal.

DVYWQdIVMAAqkw7.jpg:large

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wonder what was up with their reactions to the 'chatter' that we couldn't hear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I wish we had better space internet. The spaceman streaming his journey on twitch would be cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wonder what was up with their reactions to the 'chatter' that we couldn't hear.

Probably lost contact w/ the ship but decided not to end with that note on the stream. Still nothing from Elon or SpaceX about it though some are starting to assume it was lost.

• 2Like

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There been any word yet on if the core made it down okay?

There has ether been a major coms fuck up beyond what's normal. Are it didn't make successful landing and their keeping from announcing it. To let them celebrate the successful take off and booster landings.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
First car launched to space.
First production car to break the sound barrier.
First car in space.
First synced booster landing.
First x9000

That is a big fucking rocket, but there is another. The NASA SLS had successful testing and still on schedule for next year. It makes the Falcon Heavy look like a Yugo.
Falcon Heavy 5.1 million lbs of thrust.
SLS 8.4 million lbs of thrust
SLS enhanced 9.2 million and can take 130 tons to orbit. That is when we start building the Enterprise.
https://www.nasa.gov/pdf/588413main_SLS_Fun_Facts.pdf

That synced landing was just amazing to watch though. SpaceX has a good video on the hardships getting to this point. To succeed you must first fail.

As I learned from Mars Attacks. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There has ether been a major coms fuck up beyond what's normal. Are it didn't make successful landing and their keeping from announcing it. To let them celebrate the successful take off and booster landings.

The core landing was always questionable (for now) right? Like, a bonus if they stuck it?

• 2Like