The Astronomy Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^you got me looking up things, trying to figure out more of what the interior of the galaxy would be like. i found a really interesting Reddit post. someone asked -- "Would we be able to see other stars in the sky during the day if our solar system was closer to the center of the galaxy?" best reply:

the rest of the comments are really interesting too. one person says you could theoretically read at night by starlight alone, with the total apparent starlight in the sky being about 200 times the moon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I happen to personally know many of the people engaged in the Assembly Integration and Test of JWST.

I'd place the 'fuck this up' chance as northward of 70%

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I had the opportunity to watch two rocket launches and one of them we basically just stared into the fog for 2 hours, heard a rumbling noise, and went home. The other one was cool though, even though it was raining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Maiden voyage of the Falcon 9 v1.2 BlockV. This is allegedly the "final form" of the falcon 9 line and if they can get 7 successful launches that'll clear a major hurdle in having manned launches.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Someone is not sleeping tonight.
and by someone I mean a couple of hundred people.

• 1Like