The Astronomy Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
chaos theory
Ah I see the argument you're trying to make, but chaos theory just talks about the large scale unpredictably caused by unknown small scale variables. If we knew all the variables then it might no longer appear chaotic.

BUT there is Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, that would have been the better physics idea to bring up. But quantum uncertainty might only apply to observers inside a system tho. A view from outside might lead us to believe in deterministic interpretations of quantum mechanics like Pilot Wave theory.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

"Many put off by ‘disappointing’ performance of companies that were highly valued during 2021 space boom"

Space isn't the sort of thing that's gonna bring you a return on your profits in a year or two. Real shame that people are pulling out already.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
got pounded by the same coronal mass ejection I was
7865ww.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, misread that.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised no one asked me for a citation on the claim that solar activity can affect mental health. Here's a study that shows a direct link between geomagnetic storms and suicide rate in men.

Hard to say anything more about why but it's not just correlation, clear causation. Suicide rate isn't subjective y'know?

There's more of these studies, that's just the first one I grabbed off Google.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Surprised no one asked me for a citation on the claim that solar activity can affect mental health. Here's a study that shows a direct link between geomagnetic storms and suicide rate in men.

Dude, you're worse than a vegan Crossfitter.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dude, you're worse than a vegan Crossfitter.
But I'm chubby and literally eating cheese right now.

This is a science thread. Why would a citation be out of line? Fucks sake.

Been getting accused of just being a stoner and making shit up. So in response to that, I figured some people would be questioning my claims and might appreciate a citation.

Seems you can't please all the people all the time eh?

• 1Picard

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>

Hard to say anything more about why but it's not just correlation, clear causation. Suicide rate isn't subjective y'know?

There's more of these studies, that's just the first one I grabbed off Google.

u r a stupid person

• 1Dislike