The Astronomy Thread

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My understanding is he was not banned. He was given a three month rickshawing. It still says he's in the rickshaw on his account. It hasn't been quite three months yet, I don't believe.

I could be wrong but when I was a mod I checked and he was under a three month shawing, from my recollection.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I must be the only person who thinks the grown up forum is pathetic. A bunch of people constantly laughing at people needing a safe space have their own safe space.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Isn't the cancer thread in the general forum?
Well shit, your right. I guess he got banned for being a meanie.

Wait... What? Is moderation different in the 'Grown Up' forum?
It's supposed to be more strict against trolling or something. If Lumie got banned for being a meanie in the fuck cancer thread that is general, then it's pretty much they do what they want moderation. Overall you have to usually be a douche for them to infract you though. I just get upset when they RRP Lumie because I really do believe he believes what he says. It's fucking fascinating to me.

iannis

Musty Nester
Lumie got shawed out of the fuck cancer thread in general.

It's not a safe space kind of thing. Have a cancer story? Lumie will post that you deserve to die because you didn't eat garlic and you're a sinner.

It is only intentionally offensive. And it wasn't even that he did it that got him slapped. It was that he wouldn't stop doing it.

It was a global ignore button more than anything.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lumie got shawed out of the fuck cancer thread in general.

It's not a safe space kind of thing. Have a cancer story? Lumie will post that you deserve to die because you didn't eat garlic and you're a sinner.

It is only intentionally offensive. And it wasn't even that he did it that got him slapped. It was that he wouldn't stop doing it.

It was a global ignore button more than anything.
I say put the Cancer thread into the Grown Ups forum and leave it at that. It shocks me how people get butthurt over anything Lumie says. He's pure entertainment here and if you take him seriously maybe that person deserves to get shawed. I mean seriously it's Lumie and we ALL know he's crazy and makes for great entertainment at work because dumbasses here can't help but click reply with quote!

Brad2770

These types of images are some of my favorite in astronomy:

Hubble Peers into the Most Crowded Place in the Milky Way | NASA

rrr_img_98719.jpg

And just for the heck of it, an older image I have kept around. Each point of light in the image is a star in the Andromeda Galaxy. I think I have posted before, but worth posting again:

Hubble's High-Definition Panoramic View of the Andromeda Galaxy | NASA

rrr_img_98720.jpg