The attack of the Red White and Blue in our very own homes.

Oldbased

> Than U
That's right folks, as I lay in bed tonight unable to sleep I couldn't help but notice the invasion that has taken place over the past few months.
Right there in plain sight, everything we stood for in decades of time washed away by little excited chinamen.
What in the fuck am I talking about?
I am talking about the 52 led lights that now invade my sleep when things are turned OFF.
My Tv? 2 red.
My Monitors? 4 blue.
My modem/router in one? Holy shit! 7 green, 2 blue, several more in rear.
My Logitech speakers? 1 green, 1 blue.
My printer? 2 blue.
My mouse? 1 red.
My keyboard? 3 green.
My 3 surge protectors? 6 red.
My Bluetooth speaker cubes? 2 blue, 1 green.
Dish Hopper? 1 green, 1 red if recording and for some reasons a fucking green spotlight out of the rear.

Where is the other 20? Who knows but I am pretty damn sure at this point they are there.
What is really screwed up is in many cases some of these only show up when they are turned off.

We don't have to take this folks, we too can fight back.
Step 1. Look up who made your product and send a really nasty profane laced email to them. Twice.
Step 2. Black Electrical tape. What else makes nice $4000 in electronics look better than 1/4 inch swaths of electrical tape everyplace.
Step 3. Why not at this point just go all out and blast out that stupid street light that shines right in your window while you are at it.

Do not accept light pollution, fight back, send those little LED bastards running straight back to hell.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i use post-it notes i colored in with sharpies on the PC/monitor lights in my bedroom, because the blinking lights keep me awake. otherwise who gives a fuck how many little lights there are in the rest of the house?

Oldbased

> Than U
All the ones listed are clustered in a 4x4 foot area. Due to the blinking router/modem it actually looks like a police car in my room at night blue lights flashing off every wall.
The amount of crime in my neighborhood has dropped 23% in the 6 weeks I have had this modem however.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
No lie, I've had to return several appliances over the years because they emit a blinding fucking beam of light out of every orifice because some asshole is like 'aww yea built for the bedroom but WAIT SIR!!! BLUE LEDs ARE HELLA CHEAPER?!!?!!' at the design meeting.

I love blue LEDs, but I don't need my bedroom to look like fucking Las Vegas if I have only a clock, a tower fan and my phone plugged in. Seriously what asshole designs a clock for a nightstand that strobes your eyelids every time the number 8 pops up?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All the ones listed are clustered in a 4x4 foot area. Due to the blinking router/modem it actually looks like a police car in my room at night blue lights flashing off every wall.
The amount of crime in my neighborhood has dropped 23% in the 6 weeks I have had this modem however.
i actually LOL'd at this. funny stuff man. i have lots of modem and router lights too. all green mostly. those are not too bright even though the blinking can be annoying if they were brighter. my router has a hood over it so all i see is the reflection of the light to know its working, cable modem lights i want to see and they are a minor illumination. what bothers me the most is my alarm clock, even in its dullest setting the fucking thing is so bright you could probably tell what time it is in my house from your house.

Oldbased

> Than U
What's worse is I have 2 Hanns G monitors side with a 42" LG directly on top wall mounted. All 3 have NO lights when on, but turned off the 2 Hanns Gs have rear facing blinking blue and the LG lights up a goddamn red lightbulb on the bottom.
WHAT THE FUCK.
My older stuff had options to turn it off, the new ones? Nope. Who needs a wall facing blue blinking light, especially on a glass computer desk?

If my post remains long enough tomorrow I will post the emails I sent too each one of these manufacturers.
I can't even get this kind of quality LED light from cheap flashlights.

Oldbased

> Than U
I have decided to give my LED overlords a ultimatum. If by time darkness falls tomorrow night they do not stop their evil ways I shall resolve this issue in a way any such good redneck american will do.

However given the chance I will be able to sleep in broad daylight cause the sun isn't nearly as bright as these little bastards, I may show leniency come deadline.

rrr_img_76125.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Counting over the counter or prescription only?
I was on 3 it doubled this week after calling in a bunch to my doctor Thursday/yesterday due to what I suspect enterovirus D68 nearly killing me. Then add in 6 over the counters I was taking as well.
The 3 pill bottles there are all pain relievers.

Edit:
And really you see 7.62mm FMJ shells for a pistol and you ask about drugs.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
What's the point of having all this high-tech equipment if you don't have lights beeping and booping to let you know its there?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
but WAIT SIR!!! BLUE LEDs ARE HELLA CHEAPER?!!?!!' at the design meeting.
I'm fairly certain that blue LEDs are comparatively expensive, actually. Just saying.

I was on 3 it doubled this week after calling in a bunch to my doctor Thursday/yesterday due to what I suspect enterovirus D68 nearly killing me. Then add in 6 over the counters I was taking as well.
The 3 pill bottles there are all pain relievers.
I'm surprised you even go to the doctor. I half expected you to say that they are scam artists that massively overcharge, that the medical field is a scam, and that laymen can just attend to their own needs just as well.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm fairly certain that blue LEDs are comparatively expensive, actually. Just saying.
Wow, I guess the markets have changed a lot since my Radio Shack days. Used to be the only high output cheap ones were blue. You could easily tell because early LED Christmas lights would be pleasing except the blue ones would rape your eyes if you caught them direct.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm surprised you even go to the doctor. I half expected you to say that they are scam artists that massively overcharge, that the medical field is a scam, and that laymen can just attend to their own needs just as well.
I am glad you agree with me. Thankfully with the insertion of Garlic I have been cured. 53%

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wow, I guess the markets have changed a lot since my Radio Shack days. Used to be the only high output cheap ones were blue. You could easily tell because early LED Christmas lights would be pleasing except the blue ones would rape your eyes if you caught them direct.
When did you work at Radio Shack? I didn't think the blues even hit the market until the '90s. I looked around on Jameco a little bit and white/blue LEDs still seem to be priced higher, though I suppose it's possible that their price has been dropping over the years relative to the old standard LED colors. I don't know what to tell you about "high output" LEDs unless it was harder at the time to create stuff like red/green LEDs that were anywhere near as efficient in regards to output to something like a blue, but then again I don't know when you worked at RS either. I do know that I was told just recently when looking at ordering LEDs in bulk not to bother with white or blue because of the cost and not having color-specific needs, but I couldn't tell you if that is an outdated opinion or if it still stands.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Computer shit does not belong in the bedroom because holy fuck who can sleep in that heat.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you removed the LEDs you'd get tons of old people calling in because they didn't know if the product was turned on or off.

You won't stop the LEDs bro, engineers love that shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Computer shit does not belong in the bedroom because holy fuck who can sleep in that heat.
back in the heyday of EQ i had my pc running 24/7. in the summer i had to have the ac running full blast and in the winter i could comfortably sit in my bedroom playing without the heat being turned on. it was nice and toasty because the CRT monitor and pc was like a space heater. the rest of my home was like a frozen tundra, but i didnt give a shit as long as my room was warm.