The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's Tanoomba posting a comic about two guys being mean to a woman for being a fake girl gamer.
rrr_img_55639.jpg

NVM, back to FF.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bravely Default demo is in the US Eshop today. Playing it definitely got me pumped up even more for this game.
I'm STILL playing it, you get to the part where a modern game would endand it carries on. Awesome.

Battle system is still awesome but I think that they needed a bit more money for the storyline and dungeon content.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
NVM, back to FF.
Are you unaware of who Tanoomba is? Save the facepalms for yourself, bucko. You read some of the shit he's posted and get back to me.

In other news I wouldn't have bought FF8 on Steam if it realized to play it you had to set up for an account with Square. That's on me I guess for not investigating.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just for the first time looked at the job list for bravely default...

I can't wait to beat the game with 4 ninjas that have Multiburst.

32 attacks every round? GG. I win.

edit: you know.. unless they nerfed this combo since FF5.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's only double damage if you factor in the cost, Pirate has a quad damage ability which costs (a lot of) mana which a Swordmaster ability can make free.

If you brave twice and use multiburst twice across 4 Ninjas then yeah you get 32 attacks (which can all do 32 hits each) but if you don't one shot the boss then the boss gets to do 4 attacks back and probally kills you with aoe.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
What I loved about the demo is I thought I broke the game a couple times with the skills, only to have the next boss wreck me for my foolishness. For example I initially got everyone to have multitasking and either two handed or ninja to attack like 6 times in a row each using my brave points. I destroyed the first dungeon and one rounded the boss.

The forest dungeon made it a little tougher with the plants that responded to attacks by spawning another. I added the adrenaline skill and it was back to just blowing them up to a million attacks. I fought the turtle and my strategy was completely nullified by his defense, so I had to go back to the drawing board... Time for 4 black mages. Their ability is to amp magic the more of them you have, so I easily one shotted the turtle with blizzaras. This worked on the next boss too, but then the dragon wrecked me just like the turtle originally did.

My last broken strategy was the ninja move that dodged attacks, with the skills that gave you 1bp after Dodge and buffed your stats after dodge from red mage and sword master I think. I was able to take virtually no damage from the last two bosses this way. I am sure later bosses will punish me for that set up though and I can't wait to make new strats.

Of course I could have probably just played normal white mage plus x parties but it's way more fun to see what you can get out of the brave system. With autobattle and the speed up button/encounter rate config grinding new skills to try is completely painless. day one purchase.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Why? It'll just turn into FFX HD when that comes out, then FF15 lol

I preordered 2 CEs anyway, mah dick is ready.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Why? It'll just turn into FFX HD when that comes out, then FF15 lol

I preordered 2 CEs anyway, mah dick is ready.
Because I am MAD WITH POWER! Also it's really Final Fantasy game anyways. Tempted to buy 4 Heroes of Light or whatever to play in the mean time.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The demo was pretty fun, but I could definitely do without the tacked on facebook town game. I can do that shit on my phone if I wanted, no need to add it to an RPG (plus the timers don't progress if the game isn't on or in standby)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Why not put it with the 2014 RPG thread? Be happy no FF15 news(like ever) to derail your BD circle jerk!

Siliconemelons

FF:4Heros is a nice little basic game- some things are over simplyified and some things are "old school" like not really knowing what to do so you have to wonder/talk/explore etc- I do not know if that was dont intentionally or just from how the game is constructed. I am enjoying it quite a bit and look forward to BD

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why not put it with the 2014 RPG thread? Be happy no FF15 news(like ever) to derail your BD circle jerk!
Please don't. That thread is about RPG's. Every time a Final Fantasy gets mentioned it turns in to a big dumb shitfest about who's opinion is the bestest about the bestest Final Fantasies and one thread is (LOL FFVIII SUX FAGITS) more than enough.

Edit: I wish BD was available on something other than a 3DS, like android or PC.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm confused about the 3DS region lock, the DS wasn't region locked as me and a friend bought Pokemon Diamond/Pearl from the US back when Europe got things last. What happened?