The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Janx

<Silver Donator>
All threads derail into which FF is best/worst eventually and then we necro the opposite thread to try and have relevant discussion until the cycle repeats.
Its posts like this that prove why FF6 is the best FF and FF IIIIIIII is the worst.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've been replaying World of Final Fantasy on PS4 now that they released the expanded MAXIMA edition. and damn, second time through would still be great even without the new additions from the DLC. i love this game. highly recommended for any long-time FF fans, and especially recommended if you're also a fan of Pokemon-style collecting / combat.

it got largely neglected because it came out just before FF15, but it's a vastly superior (and very different) game to 15, it deserves a lot more attention than it's gotten.

don't let the cutesy aspect fool you, gameplay gets pretty deep and the story gets pretty dark and complicated towards the end.

also available on XBOne and Switch as of the release of the MAXIMA edition last week, and still available on Steam. the Vita version got left out in the cold tho, no MAXIMA available for Vita.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
All threads derail into which FF is best/worst eventually and then we necro the opposite thread to try and have relevant discussion until the cycle repeats.

I agree, there is no point to have such a fruitless discussion.

Instead, let's discuss who our favorite FF slash pairing is.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its posts like this that prove why FF6 is the best FF and FF IIIIIIII is the worst.

E9K7EEk.jpg
pvJmLYY.jpg
5eVvf5L.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bravely Default was amazing. Played through ng+. Bravely Second failed to capture the characters and story, which was more or less expected. It tried, I'll give then that. But your intro trio was three fag dudes like the alt encounters in FF8. Lacking a single female character makes a difference in these scenarios. I'm sure I'll pick it up again eventually, but eh. Without the lady attitude it's missing something. And I'm not even trying to speak from a #MeToo perspective. Three dudes is boring. Which is why FF15 sucks. And why FF13 sucks, because even the female characters were dudes.

• 1Seriously?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Bravely Default was amazing. Played through ng+. Bravely Second failed to capture the characters and story, which was more or less expected. It tried, I'll give then that. But your intro trio was three fag dudes like the alt encounters in FF8. Lacking a single female character makes a difference in these scenarios. I'm sure I'll pick it up again eventually, but eh. Without the lady attitude it's missing something. And I'm not even trying to speak from a #MeToo perspective. Three dudes is boring. Which is why FF15 sucks. And why FF13 sucks, because even the female characters were dudes.
Keep at it, it's not like that for long.

For starters you'll notice that you are lacking your fourth party member and there are two women on the box art.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
You get Edea and the moon chick. Story is half-female like.... a couple of hours in.

FF has always had a lot of female characters outside of FF15. The defaults are no exception.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

Weirdest take I've ever seen. Second has better gameplay and character development than the first. I'd say it's superior to the first in every aspect except the greater plot.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like I need to just play it, but the intro didn't snag me as hard as BD. I've literally got 90+ hours into BD with all jobs maxed... maybe I just needed a break. Been a couple years.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How the fuck could you put 90 hours into BD. I got so fucking mad when the last chapter replayed 4 times that I beat it and never played again

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The storyline reveal (I won't spoil it) in BD made it worth the repetition for me. I do think it wasn't handled well, but as a complete product I absolutely loved it.

Also it has a banging soundtrack.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
i've been replaying World of Final Fantasy on PS4 now that they released the expanded MAXIMA edition. and damn, second time through would still be great even without the new additions from the DLC. i love this game. highly recommended for any long-time FF fans, and especially recommended if you're also a fan of Pokemon-style collecting / combat.

it got largely neglected because it came out just before FF15, but it's a vastly superior (and very different) game to 15, it deserves a lot more attention than it's gotten.

don't let the cutesy aspect fool you, gameplay gets pretty deep and the story gets pretty dark and complicated towards the end.

also available on XBOne and Switch as of the release of the MAXIMA edition last week, and still available on Steam. the Vita version got left out in the cold tho, no MAXIMA available for Vita.

I got this game on PS4 last weekend and binged it until my (properly charged) controller ran out of battery.

Fortunately I have 2 controllers.

Really good game, overall I find it pretty easy but after running into a spike which wrecked my team I guess I need to go back and grind a bit.

A+ game.

• 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
lol 90 hours, apparently I was lying about that.

Strangely I never got the vampire job. Jump w Lance was so cheap.

20181114_113824.jpg

20181114_114135.jpg

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I hated that you had to min-max and go VERY deep into the combat stuff in order to really wrap up the true best story at the end.

the "ah ha" could have been done better, but was still good... it was like build, build, build BUILD.... wait...wait...hold on...*peep* was that it? NOPE..OH REALLY...wait...wait---ahh here-

JK THATS NOT IT

its not?

no!!!

well

what?

NO RU CRAZY prepped and leveled etc. etc.?

No? come back later

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone remind me what Bravely Second online features were like. I never used friend units for Default since it was like cheating, but it would have been hell without the stuff to build your base up faster. I did use the spotpass thing where you fought some battle that only existed in jp too.

I want to finally play all the way through Second, and I'd really prefer the uncut/uncensored version, but that means no online.