The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bravely Default 2 announced for Switch and a 2020 release.

If you never played the first one, do it. Skip End Lair tho.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I legitimately can't wait for Bravely Default 2. The fact that REVO is back is amazing too.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Summary: in every release except the PS1 they added in a QoL feature to save the position of your exchange materia cursor on the menu. If you set it to the last character on the list before losing a character due to story then it points to two "blank" materia slots which is interpreted as MP Plus materia which you can acquire for free. But you can also use those two slots as a reserve to store materia you can pull out later.

Then there's the Steam version, which doesn't clear memory on a game over. Thus... shenanigans are possible.

Siliconemelons

BraveDefault was such a good game I have high hopes for 2... but BD had tropes on tropes it pushed... so I guess we will see where this one takes us other than "elemental crystals" the time travel was done in 1 and exhausted in Second imo.

So it's kinda hard to "pick up" at any "time" later as...it kinda does not matter beyond the orig story in that world because of what it does with time elements.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sadly, End Layer suffered the curse of the whiny bitches, if you can I'd find a translated version of the script and read that while playing the 2nd game instead of the abortion they released for the english translation.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Official Japan thinks your FF game / character sucks poll: (460k votes)

9sg2ruv8d6k41.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm amazed the 1st Boss Summon listing doesn't add the 14 version also, was really awesome seeing it updated...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Somehow 8 being above 4... jimmies officially rustled, Japan.

However there is a -ton- of FFXIV recognition in there. Not what I was expecting and kind of shows just how popular the mmo is.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FFT being as low as 11 means the poll is a joke and Japan deserves its coronavirus end.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad to see 8 so low, but 10 being 1 is a travesty.

Also, Eyes On Me is ear cancer.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Impressive that Final Fantasy: Record Keeper got onto the list at the bottom. Beat Brave Exvius and Opera Omnia for Mobile Games, weird that Mobius is higher though given how much grinding it is.

Siliconemelons

downloaded the BD2 demo, jumps you in- looks fantastic... Got stomped to a pulp by the first bad guys lol

Totally forgot how to play this game

Merrith

I'm glad to see 8 so low, but 10 being 1 is a travesty.

Also, Eyes On Me is ear cancer.

I remember seeing something that suggested the VA was so much better in Japanese for X that it was the favorite over there basically since it got released. I definitely don't think it should be #1 but it's still top 5 for me.

Siliconemelons

It's also on sale on the Nintendo store.

It's reviews seemed good / decent- but not the glory we wanted... but still above par based on the latest crap we have had.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Cheesetacular trailer, but I'll probably play it. I loved Bravely Default. Couldn't really get into Bravely Second.... different characters with less..? Charm?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Someone released a FF7 mod that does high rez stuff and easy to install. Obviously its a remake of the original game (full) not the Square-Enix remake of last year, which is like only 1/5th the original game (but expanded).

Its a 5.45 gig (!) install with instructions/info here

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users