The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On mobile atm, but if you search for Bravely Second uncensored you should get a hit for the post by the people who made it over at gbatemp. Finding it to download is a bit of a pain right now, since the chaos site closed down and 3dsiso is infested with adfly links.

It restores the censored costumes, the tomahawk class (name only?), and the quests that were dumbed down to remove all player choice. It's probably an undub too, uncensor patches almost always are.

Edit: and obviously you need a hacked 3ds to install the cia package. The issue i was reading is that if your 3ds is on 11.8 it will try to go online and likely get you banned because the Rom is modded, so you have to keep internet off while playing it.
Edit2: Nevermind, I misread something and it only adds the jp costumes to the game. Doesn't do a thing to fix the butchering Binari Sonori did to the game at the behest of Treehouse. Bravely Second never got an enhanced JP release like Bravely Default - For the Sequel, which had both English text and voices as an option, so there's really nothing that can be done unless you are able to read Japanese.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
The subtitles being instructions on how to escape the time loops made those games for me.

First game lacked polish in that the first few loops had very few changes, they should have skipped ahead to the more drastically different versions you get deeper in.

I never beat the second, got upto the trippy real life level and the monster fairy at the end.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
MYbe I should beat the second. I'm playing Xenoblade chron 3d but it's taking FOREVER

I got bravely second for $15

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I got this game on PS4 last weekend and binged it until my (properly charged) controller ran out of battery.

Fortunately I have 2 controllers.

Really good game, overall I find it pretty easy but after running into a spike which wrecked my team I guess I need to go back and grind a bit.

A+ game.

yeah "too easy" is one of my only complaints about the game, but this current playthrough i'm mitigating that by swapping out mirages that get leveled too high

with the new MAXIMA update there's an option for a harder difficulty level, but it's only available when starting a New Game+. which bummed me out because i lost my endgame save from the first time i played.

i'm sure i'll play through both difficulties tho, and likely will also try the nightmare difficulty with lowbie mirages just for the challenge.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I hated that you had to min-max and go VERY deep into the combat stuff in order to really wrap up the true best story at the end.

Not really.

Although Ouroborus was much more difficult than any other story fight in the game, he was still totally possible without a min/maxed party, as long as you had friends to summon for characters that got trapped with the unique prison mechanic.

Someone remind me what Bravely Second online features were like.

Significantly less relevant than the online features in the first game.

Overall, Bravely Second is more difficult than Bravely Default (assuming you are playing as max difficulty) with one exception. The final boss of Bravely Default is significantly more difficult than any of the non-downloaded bosses in Bravely Second. The final boss in Bravely Second is, admittedly, a little bit of a pushover by the time you get to him. But everything else should be more challenging than the majority of what you faced in Default (including normal enemies).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Although I didn't wipe, I did feel BDs final.boss was a huge ramp up. I had all maxed jobs though so it was pretty easy anyways.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i've been replaying World of Final Fantasy on PS4 now that they released the expanded MAXIMA edition. and damn, second time through would still be great even without the new additions from the DLC. i love this game. highly recommended for any long-time FF fans, and especially recommended if you're also a fan of Pokemon-style collecting / combat.

it got largely neglected because it came out just before FF15, but it's a vastly superior (and very different) game to 15, it deserves a lot more attention than it's gotten.

don't let the cutesy aspect fool you, gameplay gets pretty deep and the story gets pretty dark and complicated towards the end.

also available on XBOne and Switch as of the release of the MAXIMA edition last week, and still available on Steam. the Vita version got left out in the cold tho, no MAXIMA available for Vita.

I couldn’t do it. Stacking monsters on your head was so fucking retarded. I wanted to like it, I really did. Especially after missing out on Bravely Default games.

Did they ever port BD to a real console or PC?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I couldn’t do it. Stacking monsters on your head was so fucking retarded. I wanted to like it, I really did. Especially after missing out on Bravely Default games.

Did they ever port BD to a real console or PC?

as much as i love the game, i totally understand if someone can't getover that or just even the general cutesy-ness of it.

a game where i can ride a Malboro while a Moogle sits on my head really appeals to me, tho :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Not really.

Although Ouroborus was much more difficult than any other story fight in the game, he was still totally possible without a min/maxed party, as long as you had friends to summon for characters that got trapped with the unique prison mechanic.

Significantly less relevant than the online features in the first game.

Overall, Bravely Second is more difficult than Bravely Default (assuming you are playing as max difficulty) with one exception. The final boss of Bravely Default is significantly more difficult than any of the non-downloaded bosses in Bravely Second. The final boss in Bravely Second is, admittedly, a little bit of a pushover by the time you get to him. But everything else should be more challenging than the majority of what you faced in Default (including normal enemies).

Yeah, I had 0 friends - I didn't do any online stuff - I know we had a code share here but... yeah... you could summon bros from "another timeline" and if they were kickass they just wrecked... forgot about the bro summons

Fedor

<Banned>
Final Fantasy VII Remake Development Is Progressing Well And Not On Hold, Says Nomura

fb8

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I honestly think they announced it way early, they should have waited till they had a better idea on the release date.(hahahaha this is Nomura.....)

and on Bravely Default... the 1st game is the best, second is good if you can read Japanese, but that treehouse fuck translation is fucking garbage(but still very weak story vs the first one =/)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I finished FF15 when it came out. I now intend to replay it and play the DLC

Does the royal edition include ALL the DLC?

Is thier any specific DLC the people enjoyed the most?

Thanks!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was planning on doing the same thing, from my understanding Royal edition includes all the past DLC, I don't think it includes episode Ardyn which is releasing in a few months. Rest of the 2nd season DLCs were cancelled. If you want to play everything you might as well wait a few more months, although might not be worth the price/delay if they cancelled the rest.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm replaying FF7 and need some help on Emerald/Ruby WEAPON.

Basically I want to defeat one of then without excessive grinding/luck or cheating, using strategy rather than miming KotR over and over again. That probably means no Chocobo materia, no master materia and no duping items.

Anyone done something like that? Most alternate strategies seem to involve using one shot kill bugs or spamming duped Megalixirs, I don't mind using them but not two per turn from a duped maximum stack of them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm replaying FF7 and need some help on Emerald/Ruby WEAPON.

Basically I want to defeat one of then without excessive grinding/luck or cheating, using strategy rather than miming KotR over and over again. That probably means no Chocobo materia, no master materia and no duping items.

Anyone done something like that? Most alternate strategies seem to involve using one shot kill bugs or spamming duped Megalixirs, I don't mind using them but not two per turn from a duped maximum stack of them.

Man it's been a long time since I have. Emerald I think is hard to avoid grinding for, but I recall Ruby being manageable as long as you enter the battle with two characters dead.

Last time I played FF7 (beginning of this year I think) I skipped the weapons. Probably should load up that save and do them just because

Chris

Potato del Grande
Man it's been a long time since I have. Emerald I think is hard to avoid grinding for, but I recall Ruby being manageable as long as you enter the battle with two characters dead.

Last time I played FF7 (beginning of this year I think) I skipped the weapons. Probably should load up that save and do them just because
I always thought in the 90's that it was intended to beat Ruby Weapon first for the Gold Chocobo then use that materia on Emerald, otherwise the Ruby Weapon reward is useless since you already had a Gold Chocobo to beat it.

My research so far has been on beating Emerald first, so I'll look into doing Ruby first instead. I'm fine using KotR and Mime if I get it from Ruby, I just want to beat one of them "fairly".