The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Once you get past that part, it has one of the best combat systems in the series. But yeah, a lot of people won't be able to tolerate the story. Personally I think it's vastly superior to X, in spite of that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried a few hours if x-2 and I couldn't do it. I couldn't put the X remaster down either. It was a shame.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Never bothered with X2 - X was quite enjoyable and i loved the card games in all of the FF series(that had them).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Once you get past that part, it has one of the best combat systems in the series. But yeah, a lot of people won't be able to tolerate the story. Personally I think it's vastly superior to X, in spite of that.
seconded

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
X-2s combat system is good yeah. The absurd girl-power stuff starts falling off after a few hours, then it's mostly story/sidequest stuff and standard FF grinding. But those first few hours can be pretty rough hah.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't have a PS4 but god damn I want this game.
It'll almost certainly come to pc at some point after the ps4 release.

Literally everything else has at this point practically from Sqeenix.

Fadaar

That guy
These mother fuckers, right after I start up a PC emu file for Zodiac and put 20 hours or so into it. Isn't coming out til 2017 so I can still take my time with current playthrough.

God dammit I'm going to buy it anyway

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
There is no reason for me to even think about buying any Square game on Playstation ever.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm definitely not waiting for the PC version unless there's a firm date given before the PS4 release and it's within 1-2 months. My guess is more like 6-12 months for this, XV, and VII. Not like there will be any difference between PS4 and PC on a remaster anyway (see: X/X-2, still locked to 30 fps on PC with identical graphics). Might as well just play it on the better screen with the better audio setup.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
is there any good way to play the War of the Lions version of Final Fantasy Tactics on a big screen with a controller? don't want to buy a PSP just to finally play it, don't trust the mobile version because of all the bad reviews, and PSP emulators work like shit on my PC.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
is there any good way to play the War of the Lions version of Final Fantasy Tactics on a big screen with a controller? don't want to buy a PSP just to finally play it, don't trust the mobile version because of all the bad reviews, and PSP emulators work like shit on my PC.
Unless you have a CFW(Custom Firmware) on a PS3 sadly no =/

Siliconemelons

Its actually quite good, I am still in the intro but the new cut scenes and expanded dialog are already apparent and meaningful.

Good idea 2 get it on a big screen lol.

I wonder if I could ghettohack my BC ps3

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Its actually quite good, I am still in the intro but the new cut scenes and expanded dialog are already apparent and meaningful.

Good idea 2 get it on a big screen lol.

I wonder if I could ghettohack my BC ps3
I haven't looked into Jailbreaking a PS3 in awhile, but I think if your PS3 Firmware is beyond a certain point Sony patched the exploit they were using to get access to it =/ (I think it was something to do with the Mutiple OS feature)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the best web resource for PS3 hacking? I might buy a used PS3 just to hack it and run emulators on it...

Siliconemelons

I haven't looked into Jailbreaking a PS3 in awhile, but I think if your PS3 Firmware is beyond a certain point Sony patched the exploit they were using to get access to it =/ (I think it was something to do with the Mutiple OS feature)
Oh yeah, I was on that firmware for a while and never did the update because of this... and then they made Netflix etc. require the OS to b updated and aw hell screw it I updated. I figured there was another way by now- as that hack is old.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what bad reviews you've heard about the mobile version, but it's definitely better than the PSP version which suffered from terrible slowdowns all over the place.