The Authoritative Final Fantasy & Bravely Default thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok, guess i'll buy the chinese ffxiii-2 then it's only 24bucks on playasia. (for the jap voice/english menu/subs)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There's no healer stuff according to the guide, just potions. You need to Block more, basically, it's pretty key. You can also instant stagger some things with timing.

But yeah, if you fuck up on harder stuff the game will have you going "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck POTION!"
YEah Blocking helps but it's really hard with 3 or more enemies on the screen

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There's no healer stuff according to the guide, just potions. You need to Block more, basically, it's pretty key. You can also instant stagger some things with timing.

But yeah, if you fuck up on harder stuff the game will have you going "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck POTION!"
Depends on what you call healer stuff. There's mediguard (hard to get really early unless you bought the CE), there's item/ability mods that heal you a bit for staggering or killing things, and once you get thechocoboat level 3 it's pretty hard to die in the Wildlands. That makes it a good choice for the first area to really explore in depth; by the time you finish everything you can you should be strong enough to take on other areas without the help.

Blocking is extremely important though. There are actually some things that are practically unkillable without a perfect block to stagger them. Course, there are alsootherthings which only really get staggered if you hit them while they are in mid-attack, so those ones you don't want to block at all.
biggrin.png

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Rerolled Bravely Default List

That work?

edit: open edit for anyone with a link
Nice, much easier than flipping back through this thread every so often. I got a fair amount of you friended after the initial rush, i'll go and check through the list soonish.
I got hijacked by work and what not, so most of you are much further than i am. But how do you get the
clock to show 00:30 for the continuation of the side quest post unlocking the merchant
i figure i just need to progress the story some, unless there is some dumb timing involved.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
bolok: just progress the story. It'll show up after getting past the nextish part in the main story.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That big pharma trick is comedy, went to bed doing it with an unarmed lvl 1 job doing damage and woke up 6 hours later to 900k pg

Chris

Potato del Grande
But how do you get the
clock to show 00:30 for the continuation of the side quest post unlocking the merchant
i figure i just need to progress the story some, unless there is some dumb timing involved.
That whole subquest has sections which only happens at night, wait on world map until it goes dark.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Random aside (late to the party, I know): You can get Japanese FF13-3/LR voices as a free DLC. So if you're big on the Japan voice acting, there's some incentive for #3.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Vorph

It's only temporarily free (until 2/25), so the weeaboos out there should "buy" it now even if they don't intend to play the game for a while.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
ok, guess i'll buy the chinese ffxiii-2 then it's only 24bucks on playasia. (for the jap voice/english menu/subs)
FF13-2 is 20 dollars on psn btw. I just purchased it and want to go through it again before delving too deep into 13-3. Atm, I think im near the end of bravely default, and holy fuck, does it get tedious chapter 5+.

Vaclav

FF13-2 is 20 dollars on psn btw. I just purchased it and want to go through it again before delving too deep into 13-3. Atm, I think im near the end of bravely default, and holy fuck, does it get tedious chapter 5+.
Was $8 last week or so. I guess I forgot to mention it in here or the deals thread. Sorry. =(

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished Bravely Default.

I suggest that your healer has lv14 Black Mage / lv12 Time Mage, equipping the "Group Cast All" ability allows you to cast Reraise (auto Revive) on everyone once per turn so you can't die. Use speed boosting items (I used the Norende Shop Daggers) so that you always move before the bosses do and buy Turbo Ethers or other MP recovery so that you never run out of mana. You only need to equip 1 job (Time Mage) and 3 slots worth of ability to do this so you have flexibility to put other things on the character.

I had 3 offensive characters and 1 support/healing, however I think the best set up would be 2 offensive, 1 support and 1 healer since I could never fit enough stuff on the one character.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just finished Bravely Default.

I suggest that your healer has lv14 Black Mage / lv12 Time Mage, equipping the "Group Cast All" ability allows you to cast Reraise (auto Revive) on everyone once per turn so you can't die. Use speed boosting items (I used the Norende Shop Daggers) so that you always move before the bosses do and buy Turbo Ethers or other MP recovery so that you never run out of mana. You only need to equip 1 job (Time Mage) and 3 slots worth of ability to do this so you have flexibility to put other things on the character.

I had 3 offensive characters and 1 support/healing, however I think the best set up would be 2 offensive, 1 support and 1 healer since I could never fit enough stuff on the one character.
I kinda wish they would have spent a little more time balancing. Combos like that are almost cheating to me, so I try to avoid the obviously OP combos. Makes the game much more challenging.

One really good combo for damage characters is the ranger ones that double your aim and the one that basically doubles your damage when you hit with all attacks. Put that on a pirate or spell fencer and it's basically 6-7k damage per attack even in chapter 4

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Beat the first main quest area of LR. Not really sure how I feel about this time mechanic. I'm feeling awfully rushed.

Vorph

I wouldn't call it game-breaking like the time mechanic was in Dead Rising 2, but I do wish it wasn't there. First few days you feel very rushed, then after that you feel forced to grind EP from every mob you see instead of just running past the ones you don't need anything else from, because you can get just about enough EP to run Chronostasis indefinitely. I guess it's just a different kind of grinding, but excessive battles in JRPGs is pretty close to the top of the list of things I hate about the genre.

Still, it's my only major complaint about the game. There's minor annoyances like Hope never shutting the fuck up, and the story beating you over the head with a bunch of religious bullshit, but I can put up with those.