The Batman

Sevens

Log Wizard
Watched a few you tube reviews of this, most agree it's too long and drags on to the point of being boring.
Seems Colin Ferrell is the stand out in it with all of the other cast doing really well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From the trailers this looks to be like an edgy emo batman for the teenie boppers. Vampire diaries meets bat boy.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sparkly vampire has grown on me as an actor. I am giving him a shot with this.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Watched a few you tube reviews of this, most agree it's too long and drags on to the point of being boring.
Seems Colin Ferrell is the stand out in it with all of the other cast doing really well.
He must be kill it in this, i assume it's going to be more mafia/gangster.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Any reviews I've read say it's more about the detective side of Batman and less actiony.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
seems ok, sitting at 73/100 on metacritic right now embargo is up more reviews should pour out today . currently 94% on RT but i'd expect that to drop

rando twitter critics

dat 2h56m runtime though. wonder if they wiil ever release the 4h rough draft cut
Based in the reality that not a single person is smart enough to shoot a couple of rounds into his face instead of his chest? From feet away?

I hope that shit was part of what ended up on the floor, but I have doubts.

spronk

FPS noob
amc charging more for batman

amc imax fan event starting now so should see more user reviews tonight although its basically super fans

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People already stopped going to the theaters. Smart idea AMC.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
amc charging more for batman

amc imax fan event starting now so should see more user reviews tonight although its basically super fans
good idea, so i pay for cheaper movie, wait for Batman to start and then i leave cheaper movie and walk right in to Batman for no extra cost. i used to catch 3 movies in a day for the price of one doing this. AMC can suck it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Goatface

my local amc is shit, little theaters. doesn't look like price was changed, $12.89 for 7pm showing, $16.29 after fees

we used to have a cinemark that had a $2 opening weekend fee

spronk

FPS noob
buddy who is a batman lifelong fan boi saw it last night at the amc fan screening and said it was great but the movie is dark as fuck, not "grim dark" but literally most of the movie is at night and can be really tough to tell whats going on. He said its pretty glum/grim too and very comic-y which he really liked, he was disappointed by the PG13 rating. He also said it was way, way too long and 1/3d of the movie coulda been cut. He said Batman Begins and TDK are still better than this one.

Sounds decent but really pushing me to home viewing since I can just pump up the brightness levels if I need to. Theaters around me are kinda fucky with lighting and shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
buddy who is a batman lifelong fan boi saw it last night at the amc fan screening and said it was great but the movie is dark as fuck, not "grim dark" but literally most of the movie is at night and can be really tough to tell whats going on. He said its pretty glum/grim too and very comic-y which he really liked, he was disappointed by the PG13 rating. He also said it was way, way too long and 1/3d of the movie coulda been cut. He said Batman Begins and TDK are still better than this one.

Sounds decent but really pushing me to home viewing since I can just pump up the brightness levels if I need to. Theaters around me are kinda fucky with lighting and shit.
i paid to see Dark Knight Rises in Imax. was super disappointed. if this is better than that, but not as good as the first two. thats not a big endorsement.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't think I was able to give Dark knight Rises a second viewing, fuck that movie

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users