The Batman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
2.29 star(s) Rating: 2.29/5 7 Votes
Title: The Batman (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama

Director: Ben Affleck

Cast: Ben Affleck, Joe Manganiello, J.K. Simmons, Jeremy Irons

Release: 2018-10-05

Plot: Batman makes his first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

This could be kind of tricky, as Deathstroke can beat anyone in a fight if he's prepared, just like Batman. But he's also got the reflexes of Spiderman, a healing factor, the strength of ten men and his armor is made of unbreakable Nth metal. Also, in a straight up fight, Deathstroke has beaten Batman on more than one occasion. He's a highly skilled martial artist (one of the best fighters in the Army). And Deathstroke has beaten the entire Justice League by himself through preparation.

Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck's 'The Batman'

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really hope that they spend some time explaining why Batman is now a pistol wielding, murderous dickhead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I remember being extremely butthurt when I first read this one...

3619194-2840123096-HtvEp.jpg

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Would putting him up against someone like that not help explain the shift to murderous dickhead we saw in BvS? So maybe do this one first? I swear, these idiots at DC...

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Would putting him up against someone like that not help explain the shift to murderous dickhead we saw in BvS? So maybe do this one first? I swear, these idiots at DC...

The only explanation for him to turn into a murderous dickhead is that the Joker kills someone close to him, and him deciding he can't put Joker back in Arkham (to risk another break out). Thus begins the slippery slope from Batman to BatPunisher. The Joker has purposefully been trying to push Batman to go too far for decades.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think Batman has ever beaten Deathstroke in a fight, except for the one time when he didn't have his powers. I'm thinking DS has beaten Batman 4-0 (not including that one time).

If you subtract prep time, there are a total of two beings on Earth that wipe the floor with Batman 9 out of 10 times. Deathstroke and Lady Shiva.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The only explanation for him to turn into a murderous dickhead is that the Joker kills someone close to him, and him deciding he can't put Joker back in Arkham (to risk another break out). Thus begins the slippery slope from Batman to BatPunisher. The Joker has purposefully been trying to push Batman to go too far for decades.

Sure, but they were clearly wanting to just push right past that with only a teaser in BvS. I was just trying to reconcile this movie with the overall DC plan, but I think that's an exercise that would turn any normal man mad.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Was the one time he beat shiva in, a death in the family?

Not sure, but for years, DC said that Lady Shiva is the best martial artist on the Earth, in the current age. Karate Kid is apparently the best martial artist of any era. She's good enough that she trained Batman for awhile, and she also trained Robin.

• 2Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here is a list that tries to quantify the rank of DC martial artists. In a straight on fight with a martial artist with no prep time or gadgets, Batman may lose. But add in prep time and he beats them.

Martial Arts Masters-DC

• 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Lyrical still can't separate the bad DC Movies from the bad DC comics :(

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So the early talk is they're looking at Joe Manganiello to play Deathstroke/Slade.

2014+Writers+Guild+Awards+L+Ceremony+Red+Carpet+L_er8m4dD-kl.jpg

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
They should get Ryan Reynolds to play him. Clearly DC ripped off of Marvel and Deadpool...

/duck

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database