The Beer Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The Perrin stuff is pretty funny to me. I'm in a facebook group with the guy and he named some beers after it.
Yeah, i was pretty amused. All their beers were really good good too, highly recommend.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Not a huge fan of cherry flavored stuff, but this was good. On the tart side for something I'd drink with any regularity.
upload_2017-10-26_0-43-43.png

The Chronology was fantastic, and the Pronto balanced the hibiscus very nicely.
upload_2017-10-26_0-44-13.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Went to a really good beer spot in Oakland last night and they had The Bruery Midnight Autumn Maple on tap. Normally I would jump on that in a heartbeat but it was the start of the night. Beer sounded a bit too much to kick off the night. Hopefully they still have it when I'll likely be back next weekend.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
That's one i haven't tried yet, or the regular version actually. I think they're still available for order via the website

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
So this one isn't quite like anything I've had. Well balanced but kinda weird. There's an odd sort of tartness that comes across, almost like an orangey citrus; don't get much peach flavor. Easiest description would be that it's like a tart, creamy, mild ipa.
Came in a 4-pack so I have 3 more to get used to it.

upload_2017-10-27_21-34-13.png

Beers | Offshoot Beer Co.
SHAKEN™
CREAM IPA
  • RELEASED
    October 19, 2017
  • MALTS
    Pils, 2 Row, Oats, Carapils, Lactose
  • HOPS
    Citra, Amarillo and Huell Melon (plus Peaches and Vanilla)
  • YEAST
    Barbarian

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Any Maryland bros out there? The Guinness Test Tap Room opened this weekend. I went this afternoon and it was pretty great. In addition to standard Guinness stuff, they had a few interesting, new beers the just started brewing on site. Definitely recommend it to anyone in Maryland.

I'll be returning for sure, so you might run into a wild McCheese. Look for that fat, hairy guy without any friends.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a fan of pumpkin beers, but my neighbor brought this over last night. He ordered 6 of them in his last Tavour shipment. Holy shit, this stuff was absolutely delicious. Not sure how hard it is to find this, but if you can you should give it a shot.
IMG_20171027_222023.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I stockpiled a bunch of Pumpkings from last year. It's the only pumpkin beer I like.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not a fan of pumpkin beers, but my neighbor brought this over last night. He ordered 6 of them in his last Tavour shipment. Holy shit, this stuff was absolutely delicious. Not sure how hard it is to find this, but if you can you should give it a shot.

I've never seen the BA version. Nice.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of pumpkin beers, but my neighbor brought this over last night. He ordered 6 of them in his last Tavour shipment. Holy shit, this stuff was absolutely delicious. Not sure how hard it is to find this, but if you can you should give it a shot.View attachment 155364
I saw it on Tavour, but didn't order any. Totally regret it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I saw it on Tavour, but didn't order any. Totally regret it.
Yeah I actually uninstalled the app to stop myself from ordering for a while. I was spending too much money! And to be honest, if I had seen it I probably wouldn't have ordered it simply because I don't typically like pumpkin beer. But yeah, had I known it was this good...

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Founders announced a Dec 1st release of CBS yesterday!

upload_2017-11-7_12-28-7.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I will be in the Bay area this Saturday through next Tuesday. Anyone know how Bourbon County releases go there? Looking to hopefully get a few variants if possible, don't mind waiting in line somewhere. I can get all the regular I want when I get back home. Also if anyone wants to get a drink somewhere in SF/nearby Tuesday or Wednesday early afternoon let me know.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd be down to grab a drink on Tuesday.

Not really sure where to find BC beers beyond City Beer Store though - and that line will probably be treacherous. Maybe Sycamore or Willows?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Some other people said willows as well. Are you in the city? I’ll see what the lady has planned and let you know

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Some other people said willows as well. Are you in the city? I’ll see what the lady has planned and let you know

Yep. I live in the city. Getting to anything on the eastern side of the city is pretty easy for me to get to.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yep. I live in the city. Getting to anything on the eastern side of the city is pretty easy for me to get to.
Did you try the anchor BA Xmas thinger? I was there during the day for their NorCal fundraiser (before the BA release). If they distribute it, I'm gonna look for it.

Also, if anyone is REALLY looking for some of Surly's Darkness from this year, drop a PM. It's all over minnesota and I'll pick up a few extra and we can make an arrangement.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just started drinking a bit again after recovering from chemo. and i know its a lot cheaper than what most of you guys, but while i was away from the game Anheiser quit producing Busch Signature Copper Lager. that stuff was so good for the price. had to share somewhere how rustled i am.

that Founders CBS looks damn tasty.