The Beer Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They're one of my favorite breweries around right now. Everything they make is awesome. I have to go to Orange County for business somewhat often and I stop by every time. Love the way you can build your own flights there for like $7.

You looking for sours? Cascade makes a really good one. But it's pricey.

I'm big fan as well, live pretty close but don't make it into the tasting room very often. Preservation membership keeps me decently stocked though. It's pretty rare i come across one of their beers that i flat out don't like.

Also, they're starting to release IPA's under the label Offshoot Beer Co www.offshootbeer.com so far living up to their reputation.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
I've been away from the thread for a while. Anyone else been to the new Treehouse facility?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Need Help Lads

My Ale Horn has arrived in time for Football season. 30 Ounce made from bovine horn. I drunkely ordered it while watch an old GOT where the Hound was housing some Ale the other night.

I need some good Beer to drink straight from the horn tonight. I live as a Viking. I dont think I should be drinking certain craft beers, and sure as shit not something like Coors light.

Give me ideas, for tonight we drink in hell.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Need Help Lads

My Ale Horn has arrived in time for Football season. 30 Ounce made from bovine horn. I drunkely ordered it while watch an old GOT where the Hound was housing some Ale the other night.

I need some good Beer to drink straight from the horn tonight. I live as a Viking. I dont think I should be drinking certain craft beers, and sure as shit not something like Coors light.

Faxe 112.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Need Help Lads

HammerHeart Brewing Company

Flaming Longship? Dublin Raid? Surtr's Flame?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I've taken to supporting as many breweries as I can who don't just go full retard on the IPAs.

Getting real sick of all these new breweries that pop up offering their "super amazing limited edition 4 pack IPA!"

The less hops you're putting out the better for me now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
IPAs have been old for a long time now. Though I really dig the NE IPA craze. Few things trigger me more than seeing a bar with 15 or so taps but then realize seven are IPA and four are shitty Big 2 beers.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Who cares if it's 920AM and 80 degrees outside? In honor of football and fall, today is a day for pumpkin porter!

epic-brewing-imperial-pumpkin-porter-bottle.jpg
any good? I generally like pumpkin beers, but I'm not a big porter fan.
1/2 and 1/2 southern tier Pumking and Warlock is a killer Fall beverage.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am going to have to give the pumpkins another try. In my early explorations of non big co beers I tried a local pumpkin brew...all I could taste was cloves. Now this may have been a bad batch, or just their formula but it really messed with my interest. Will see if I can find those listed above around here. (Not today though - hitting the wineries with my sisters...mmm wine)

I love this thread. OK, any thread with food or beverages discussed really.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well.... Founders might be the best brewery in America.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
founders is home of the greatest hits and greatest misses. KBS? world class! Blizzard of Koz? drain-pour

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
founders is home of the greatest hits and greatest misses. KBS? world class! Blizzard of Koz? drain-pour

Founders is a lot more hit than miss, IMO. I've had a lot of world class things from them and maybe a few misses on experimental releases.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fortunately the guy at the bar was throwing tasters at us like crazy, tried a bunch of different beers (~20). Will try to post a list later, as well as the two other places we visited.