The Beer Thread

Tea_sl

shitlord
If you like oatmeal or chocolate stouts or vanilla (etc) porters I'm sure you'd like them.

Am I the only person who likes Left Hand's normal Milk Stout over their Nitro version?
I've come to the conclusion that I have a blanket dislike of all nitro beers. No idea why.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked the ST Creme Br?l?e (ty chrome for the automatic faggot marks on the word) and I liked the ST 2X Stout

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Left Hand's offering is one of the best Milk Stouts you can get. But the best one I have ever had is the Mackeson XXX (no, not Molson you heathens). Unfortunately this is no longer available (It was brewed specifically for the US market and no longer exists)

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I've not gone through the first 37~ or whatever pages of this thread but what are everyone's top 5 chocolate beers (likely a stout or porter)? There's a group of 5 of us at work that discussed this a few days back. Some that were mentioned:

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout
Samuel Smiths Organic Chocolate Stout
Shake Chocolate Porter
Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout
Fort Collins Chocolate Stout
New Belgium Coca Mole
Tyranena Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout

kudos

<Banned>
Did someone recently say Old Rasputin is good because I almost bought a six pack of that thinking it was recommended here...
Old Rasputin is one of those beers that is GREAT for people just getting into craft beer. You can taste so many different things in it. It really shows the drinker what is possible when it comes to different tastes in one beer.

I've not gone through the first 37~ or whatever pages of this thread but what are everyone's top 5 chocolate beers (likely a stout or porter)? There's a group of 5 of us at work that discussed this a few days back. Some that were mentioned:

Shake Chocolate Porter
New Belgium Coca Mole
Tyranena Down 'N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti was great.

Terrapin Dos Cocoas was a huge let down for me though.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
1.Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.
2. Dieu Du Ciel Aphrodisiaque
3. Young's Double Chocolate Stout.

That's all I got. I don't drink an abundance of stouts.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider

Shake Chocolate Porter
New Belgium Coca Mole
Tyranena Down ?N Dirty Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Young?s Double Chocolate Stout
I'm not sure that I've even tried 5 different chocolate beers.

However, if you like that sort of thing keep an eye our for Boulevard's Chocolate Ale. They're bringing it back this year and it's pretty good, and very unique. It's a lager, not a thicker stout or porter, but still has a pretty potent chocolate flavoring. It's also ~9% ABV, it'll jack you up. It's definitely worth a try if you have access to boulevard products where you live (they're in about 30 states now)

boulevard-chocolate-ale.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Son of a bitch, I was just down in KC on Thursday/Friday last week. Wish I'd have known, would have at lease given it a shot. Don't think I've had that one. Maybe my brother has, going to go check the beer wall.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Son of a bitch, I was just down in KC on Thursday/Friday last week. Wish I'd have known, would have at lease given it a shot. Don't think I've had that one. Maybe my brother has, going to go check the beer wall.
They'll get a shitload at four firkins or zipp's. It's not hard to find around here.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You haven't missed anything yet, it's a seasonal beer that in the past has launched around Valentines day, it isn't on store shelves quite yet.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everytime I am in the Salt Lake City airport, this is a must. It might be the best beer on the planet.

rrr_img_57076.jpg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't imagine any beer found in Utah being the best beer in the world.

kudos

<Banned>
86HHLSb.jpg

Best pumpkin beer ever. GTFO of here with that pumking shit. Luckily I stocked a couple bottles for later in the year.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The problem is, you can get Pumking in about 2/3 of the country. Looks like Cigar City brewing is only available in 1 city basically. So Pumpking is probably the best one that 99% of the people on this board have access to.

That seems to be the case with a lot of beers. Your local mom & pop restaurant and brewery may make some awesome shit, but nobody has access to it. The hard part is making a beer in huge quantities that you can widely distribute and it still holds up on quality.

kudos

<Banned>
The problem is, you can get Pumking in about 2/3 of the country. Looks like Cigar City brewing is only available in 1 city basically. So Pumpking is probably the best one that 99% of the people on this board have access to.

That seems to be the case with a lot of beers. Your local mom & pop restaurant and brewery may make some awesome shit, but nobody has access to it. The hard part is making a beer in huge quantities that you can widely distribute and it still holds up on quality.
Shafly is better than pumking, pumking tastes like cough syrup.

Also, cigar city is all of Florida, New York, and I think Philly. They are continuing to branch out.