The Beer Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't know the specifics when it comes to Florida and the distributors operating there, but yes, InBev and MillerCoors (lets not forget, they are basically the "Big 2" now) do have control/interests in a lot of the distribution across the country.

Apparently they aren't allowed to fill 64oz growlers either? 1 quart containers and 1 gallon containers are okay, but not growlers? Whether InBev/MillerCoors or not, sounds like the distributors have significant political pull in Florida.

kudos

<Banned>
It's almost all AB-InBev doing this. MIller I think is even against it.

It already got denied once. So they sent it over to the other branch of government in hopes they will pass it instead.

It's just amusing you can buy 64oz bottles of vodka but you cannot buy beer in the same size. Their reasoning is basically, "Nobody needs to drink that much beer". Which makes no fucking sense considering I can buy a 120oz growler.

kudos

<Banned>
"I'm with the beer distributors in my district," Gaetz said recently. "That's a very important issue because one of my very best friends is an Anheuser-Busch distributor and he never talks to me about his business. It's always about what are we going to do for disabled children, what are we going to do for the arts, what are we going to do for economic development. But this time he's talking about growlers."

From a Florida politician pushing this shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had some Delirium Nocturnum the other night at the local Flying Saucer, wasn't great. Kind of depressed at their Belgian selection, but I only go there like once every 4 years. That could have turned it around for them!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Spring is here and my favorite Abita brew has returned.

New+Image.JPG

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw a ton of different Abita beers in Total Wine on Friday. How are they; IPA?

Last night,

rrr_img_64225.jpg

kudos

<Banned>
I really need to buy another bottle of that cappuccino stout. I bought it last year and didn't give it a fair chance.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All the talk of grapefruit a few pages back in this thread made me pick up a Stochasticity Grapefruit IPA last night at the liquor store. It's absolutely delicious, and I think I prefer it over a regular IPA. I have a pretty big sweet tooth in general, so I imagine this kind of beer is right up my alley.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Went to lunch at a local burger joint and tried a Green Flash Trippel. It was much different than most other trippels and was very 'summery.' There is something really close that I want to compare it to but can't quite remember the name. I could enjoy this by the pool or outside now that thing are warming up. Was crisp, kind of fruity but not sweet or overpowering, and still light while being 9.70%.

kudos

<Banned>
Trippel is supposed to be like a white wine in that it's tart and dry.

Dubbel is supposed to be sweet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I love a good trippel.

A new liquor store opened up across the street from the office that only sells high-end stuff. They also have a pretty good single beer bottle selection - many that I haven't seen elsewhere in the Bay Area. I bought this based somewhat on the name. I was pretty disappointed in it. Maybe a dry hopped saison sounds a lot better than it is.

beer+020.JPG

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Went to lunch at a local burger joint and tried a Green Flash Trippel. It was much different than most other trippels and was very 'summery.' There is something really close that I want to compare it to but can't quite remember the name. I could enjoy this by the pool or outside now that thing are warming up. Was crisp, kind of fruity but not sweet or overpowering, and still light while being 9.70%.
I have not had a Green Flash beer that I wouldn't classify as "great" for the style. But man, are they proud of their shit. $12 for a4pack of their IPA here (when even the best quality 6 packs are still under $10).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Trippel is supposed to be like a white wine in that it's tart and dry.

Dubbel is supposed to be sweet.
I don't think I've ever had a Trippel that was "white wine" in that it was tart. Dry I'd probably agree with but even La Fin du Monde and Westmalle Trappist Tripel that I have somewhat regularly I wouldn't say are tart. All three have been somewhat sweet, not moscato sweet or anything, but not tart at all. Not saying you're wrong, just haven't noticed it. I'll keep trying and see if I can build a better profile for them, honestly 99% of everything recently has been Quads anyways. But more so my point was that this particular one felt like a summer ale that I could drink outside, unlike the LFdM or Westmalle.

I have not had a Green Flash beer that I wouldn't classify as "great" for the style. But man, are they proud of their shit. $12 for a4pack of their IPA here (when even the best quality 6 packs are still under $10).
All the quad 4 packs here are >$12 and even most of the single bottles are >$12. I've come to accept it and rather than buying multiple 12 packs of Miller Lite a week just browsing and experimenting with some of the better stuff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I really like Green Bullet (triple IPA) and Rayon Vert (lacto IPA). Those are different than most of the others i can get regularly around my area, though Vert isn't released here yet.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Traveling for work and this place has Lagunitas IPA on draft. Wasn't this one everyone was crazy about? Tastes like ass... But it is two for one, guess it is bottoms up.

Traveling for work and this place has Lagunitas IPA on draft. Wasn't this one everyone was crazy about? Tastes like ass... But it is two for one, guess it is bottoms up.
Lagunitas everything but their normal IPA is well above average. Their IPA is just... normal

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really don't like IPAs any way
smile.png
But yeah this is just normal. Thought I'd give it a shot.