The Beer Thread

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry the only people that drink Budweiser; not Bud Light are trailer trash and Mexicans. I too was offended by the commercial after I sucked down my IPA and threw in some beard oil.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bud Light is the most atrocious beer on the planet. I'll gladly drink a bud heavy but fuck bud light.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I honestly can't tell a difference between any of the mass-produced light beers. Bud light, Miller lite, coors light, it all tastes the same, beer-flavored water.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Sadly,I drink enough shitty beer to be able to tell the difference between pabst, high life, Rainier and Olympia but at least I don't oil my beard.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I think I could tell the difference between Bud Lite, Coors Lite, and Miller Lite. To me Miller has more of that corn flavor than the others and Coors is the lightest/most-watered-down and generally has a higher carb level than the other two.

If you were to start throwing in other brands like PBR, Vitamin R, etc. into the mix I'm sure they'd all start blending together.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can take Coors Light before Bud Light. I'd rather my cheap beer taste like nothing than whatever Bud Light tastes like.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tecate, folks.

EDIT: Just saw this. Gave me a chuckle.

10411394_792804820794975_4907259460207557661_n.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Didn't realize Mellow Mushroom has Abt 12 on tap, I apologize for the inevitible increase in drunk posting. They also seem to do other tappings on a rotation of Founders CBS, some Boulevard stuff, and anything else he said they can get...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Got my hands on some Grapefruit Sculpin earlier this week. Damn delicious!
I just found the Habanero Sculpin for the first time in my area. I was pretty blown away by how good it is. Get all those awesome citrus/grapefruit flavors from the habanero up front that pairs perfectly with the hops, with a decent amount of heat on the back end. I don't think I could sit down and drink a sixer but it should be a great beer to do some food pairings with. I think I'm also going to try to make the chipotle-chili recipe in the first page of the cooking thread using some Habanero Sculpin where the recipe calls for beer.

Also continuing on my adventures in sours here are some more that I have had:

Cascade Brewing 2014 Black Raspberry- I always worry about beers with fruit being too fruity but this had the perfect balance of sour and raspberry flavor. A great entry-level sour (both in price and approachability).

To ?l Sur Mosaic- This drank much more like a pale ale with some hints of funk. Great hop flavor and aroma but I expected more complexity. Might improve with some cellaring.

Almanac Beer's Devil's Advocate- Another one featuring Mosic hops, this one had a great balance of Brett funk, sourness and hop flavors but all the flavor was up front without a lot on the back end. It is pretty good now but I bet if you gave the brett a year or two to work in the bottle it could go from good to great.

Cascade Brewing 2012 Sang Royal- Easily the most interesting and complex beer of the night. Lots of notes from the wine barrels and grapes compliment the malty flavors and sourness well. Flavors really jump between beer and wine. This was one spendy bottle of beer though ($32 at my local bottle shop).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't realize Mellow Mushroom has Abt 12 on tap, I apologize for the inevitible increase in drunk posting. They also seem to do other tappings on a rotation of Founders CBS, some Boulevard stuff, and anything else he said they can get...
Mellow Mushroom has a ton of craft on tap. It is a shame the one near my house is always infested with copious amounts of children anytime I try and go.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To ?l Sur Mosaic- This drank much more like a pale ale with some hints of funk. Great hop flavor and aroma but I expected more complexity. Might improve with some cellaring.
I had this at Mikkeller a couple weeks ago. Really enjoyed it.

I'm gonna try a lot of those Cascade brews come Sunday. They have their own SF Beer Week event. Looking forward to it after the reviews here.

Also, Firestone Walker's Beer Invitational tickets go on sale on Sunday. It always sells out within the first hour. It's the only time/place I know where you can get Bell's on the west coast because they always have a booth. I've got a friend who lives in Paso Robles so this is a no-brainer for me.

Firestone Walker Brewing Company - FW Invitational Beer Fest

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking about Budweiser and their commercial and thought of this.............
rrr_img_89983.jpg

This flavored beer taste like ass and they talk about Pumpkin Peach
Not saying Lime doesnt belong in a nice Corona or Tecate but in a domestic King Of Beers?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I put lime in my pabst during the summer time when I'm feeling it. Its surprisingly not bad.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Diving back into some sours with Prairie Artisan Ale's Funky Gold Amarillo. I've been hearing a lot of good things about PAA but this is the first I've seen them in my area. I wasn't disappointed. Huge funk on the nose with a nice balance of sour with tropical fruit flavors from the Amarillo. Dry white-wine like finish with a champagne effervescence.
Had a growler of this last night and really liked it, should have gone 64oz instead of 32 though. Went down way too quick. May go back today and refill the 32 with a Founders Imperial Stout and pick up a 64 of the Amarillo.

Fiftyfour

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was thinking about Budweiser and their commercial and thought of this.............
rrr_img_89983.jpg

This flavored beer taste like ass and they talk about Pumpkin Peach
Not saying Lime doesnt belong in a nice Corona or Tecate but in a domestic King Of Beers?
They sell the everliving crap out of that beer during the summer, as they do with their god-awful Lime-a-Rita line. Apparently women only drink shit beer during the warmer months. Also explains why Leinenkugel's sells so much Summer Shandy.