The Beer Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If anyone is in the midwest, the 2nd year of Boulevards big beer fest has been announced. Nice lineup of breweries this year.

Taps Tastes Experience | Boulevardia | A nation rich in beer, food, music and beer.

Last year was a bit of a clusterfuck, WAY too many people in not enough space. But, it was year 1, hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. Last year seemed more like a music festival that happened to sell a lot of beer, than a beer festival that happened to have some live music. Hope the emphasis shifts a little this year.

Should be a fun couple days of beer & music.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Another awesome collaboration by stone with the green tea ipa. Nothing will ever top the Xocoveza though.

Edit: The new Lemon Crueller from Rogue is pretty good too, but I couldn't shake the aftertaste that was eerily similar to the lemon pledge smell.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah that makes perfect sense. Itlan is just retarded.
I actually kind of understand where he is coming from. Over here in Western WA pretty much every college kid is going to be looking for a pumpkin-peach porter. But if you go east over the mountains to WSU in Pullman you'd ask yourself why any bar would bother with trying to put anything on tap other than Busch Light. Depends on the college.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Edit: The new Lemon Crueller from Rogue is pretty good too, but I couldn't shake the aftertaste that was eerily similar to the lemon pledge smell.
Rogue always overdoes it. I dislike most of their beers. The flavor profiles are too extreme.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Am I the only one who really isn't that impressed with 60/90? I mean, I understand they were pioneering beers and at the time of their release and were decently hoppy, but I feel like I can easily list a dozen nationally available IPA's just off the top of my head.

Again, I have mad respect for Dogfish and what they accomplished and how they helped craft beer (re)grow, but I just don't get the hype.

Am I the only one who really isn't that impressed with 60/90? I mean, I understand they were pioneering beers and at the time of their release and were decently hoppy, but I feel like I can easily list a dozen nationally available IPA's just off the top of my head.

Again, I have mad respect for Dogfish and what they accomplished and how they helped craft beer (re)grow, but I just don't get the hype.
not to jump on the bandwagon, but i agree i dont even really like 60 and 90 THAT much.

I'd take any Lagunitas ipa over them, Ithaca Flower Power etc... common IPAs >

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

My go-to drinkable IPA is still Great Lakes Commodore Perry. I prefer it to 60/90. Everytime I've had 60/90 I've never been blown away.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
How about the 120, anyone had that? I feel like it is one of those 'lifetime achievement' beers that is seems like every beer enthusiasts should drink at least once, but based on my underwhelming experiences with the 60/90's I've never been able to justify the price...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
*whoops, stupid double post on my part.

Also, I'm sure if I were introduced to the 60/90 at a different time they would have been my favorite beers for a while. I had once declared one of my local breweries IPA's as the pinnacle of the style but have since realized it has an underwhelming hop character and way to many unfermentables left behind. But for a time it was my go to beer and is the reason I learned to love hoppy beers.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
*whoops, stupid double post on my part.

Also, I'm sure if I were introduced to the 60/90 at a different time they would have been my favorite beers for a while. I had once declared one of my local breweries IPA's as the pinnacle of the style but have since realized it has an underwhelming hop character and way to many unfermentables left behind. But for a time it was my go to beer and is the reason I learned to love hoppy beers.
The 120 is really more of a gimmick in my opinion. It's interesting drinking a single beer (albeit quickly) and feeling the effect though. I really like the 90 minute, but the 60 minute doesn't do much for me.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Drinking my last Crooked Stave L'Brett Dior (Batch 2) tonight and probably my last Origins (Batch 3). God damn this shit is good.