The Beer Thread

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
How about the 120, anyone had that? I feel like it is one of those 'lifetime achievement' beers that is seems like every beer enthusiasts should drink at least once, but based on my underwhelming experiences with the 60/90's I've never been able to justify the price...
120 wasnt everything I had hoped for. I would also agree its a gimmick. If anything Pliny the Elder and Younger (Russian River) are two beers that everyone should have a chance to drink. The 60/90/120 from Dog Fish are ok with one and done.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
East coast has to import the hops to make good IPAs but there are a few out here that are worth talking about and none of them are from DFH.

Lawson's Double Sunshine (actually I prefer their single IPA, sip of sunshine) and New England's Gandhi Bot are both really good.

And if anyone wants to trade me for either of them I'd be happy to do so for some of the west coast stuff I can't get (I've never had a single Russian River beer).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never had a single Russian River beer.
Hit me right in the feels.

Apparently some brewery in MA is canning their shit now and some beer nerds are salivating over it. Tree House Brewing? I had never heard of it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
East coast has to import the hops to make good IPAs but there are a few out here that are worth talking about and none of them are from DFH.

Lawson's Double Sunshine (actually I prefer their single IPA, sip of sunshine) and New England's Gandhi Bot are both really good.

And if anyone wants to trade me for either of them I'd be happy to do so for some of the west coast stuff I can't get (I've never had a single Russian River beer).
no mention of heddy topper?

Khane

Heddy is good but overrated. Gandhi-Bot and Double Sunshine are better in my opinion.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Been wanting to go to New England brewery for awhile now. Supposedly they have a cool tap room to hang out in as well as get fills etc. Went to Black Hog Brewing (smaller place in Oxford, CT) that's like 3 miles from me. It was fun and I really enjoyed Ginga Ninja (red ipa with ginger) and the Granola Brown Ale. They make some sours too, which I am pretty new too so I won't be too snobby, but I enjoyed the one he said was a good beginners sour. We have one aging for Easter that he said is a more intense sour.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone had any beer from Alpine Beer Co.? My local liquor store has 1/6 kegs in and I am looking to try their IPA. From reading their website it looks like Green Flash brews some of their beer; including the IPA.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Another awesome collaboration by stone with the green tea ipa. Nothing will ever top the Xocoveza though..
I just had the Green Tea IPA as well. I hadn't picked it up because I'm not much of a tea fan but the wife wanted some so I split the bomber with her. My other big fear with a beer like this is that the adjunct (in this case the tea) overpowers the rest of the beer. I thought it was really well done, no one aspect of the different flavors overwhelming the rest and the slight astringency from the tea compliments the bittering from the hops well.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Had a Kona Longboard recently and it was amazing. I usually drink Landsharks but this definitely had it's milk. I'm looking forward to trying more of their beers but we don't get them around here in TN/KY.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I tried a sour for the first time the other night, and it was pretty horrendous. There is a pretty cool beer bar not far from my house that has only craft brews on tap, and they had a sour on tap. So I asked if I could just taste it since I have heard so much about them, but hadn't yet tried one. I don't recall what brewery it was, and maybe it was just that one, but holy shit it was awful. It doesn't even taste like beer really, and I have no idea how people are a fan of that stuff.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I despise sours. I've tried probably a half dozen different sours and have hated them all. That being said, I also despise really strong IPAs. I'm more of a red/brown/irish ale and stout lover as my favorite types of beers. I can't stand the bitterness of hopps dominating the flavor of a beer, and sours just seem to take that to the next level.

Khane

I despise sours. I've tried probably a half dozen different sours and have hated them all. That being said, I also despise really strong IPAs. I'm more of a red/brown/irish ale and stout lover as my favorite types of beers. I can't stand the bitterness of hopps dominating the flavor of a beer, and sours just seem to take that to the next level.
Sours aren't bitter, they're sour!!!

If you don't like sour things (think warheads if you remember those, or sour patch kids) you aren't going to like sours. Some are obviously more sour than others. I mean... they tell you right up front, it's sour!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think I have a pretty broad range of flavors that I enjoy when it comes to beer. Like I love IPA's, all of em. Double, Triple, Imperial, whatever I will try em all and enjoy most of them. However, I also love a good porter or stout, and a lot of the brown ales as well.

I don't even think sours should be classified as beer. Shit tasted closer to a cider.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Black Hog Brewery (local CT brewery) just came out with a double IPA they call Piglet. It's 8.8% and 88 IBUs and for some reason is the smoothest IPA of that hoppiness I've ever had. If you get a chance I highly recommend it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was down in LA for the weekend and went to a spot calledBeer Belly. The beer selection is very respectable. They even have Bell's beers. Two Hearted Ale in the can and their barleywine on tap. I didn't even know Bell's made a barleywine! It's fantastic. This was the first time I had ever seen Bell's beers on the west coast. We met these cats from Michigan there and they said the same. Apparently Bell's has started to distribute in SoCal and are working their way up. Really hope we start getting it around here sooner than later.