The Beer Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That looks excellent and I will strongly consider it. Proximity to BART is a huge plus.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was so impressed with Stone's Xocoveza, I decided to give their other beers a try. Good call gentlemen.

Cud

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Fundamental Observation is as good the Darkstar November it will be awesome.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Cud are you looking to bring any beers to trade? Not sure where you're from but I can bring some locals down with me if you wanna work something out.

Cud

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't do much trading, most of beers get drunk. But I am willing to give it a go. I am in North Alabama. I have access to Straight to Ale, Yellowhammer, Blue Pants( look up their Adambier), Old black bear, Good People locally. Pm'd.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm very likely in for this. $40 for all you can drink just sounds too good. Hopefully they don't oversell and it becomes a clusterfuck.
That's usually the problem with beer festivals that have an "all you can drink" ticket. You usually get 4oz pours after standing in line for 20 minutes. You almost have to get your beer, and then go stand in another line while you drink it. I've never been to a beer festival that had an all you can drink option that wasn't ridiculously over-sold.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've been to a couple. I've heard the the FSW Invitational is great and they don't oversell it. But that one is also $90.

I just bought a ticket.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I've been to a couple. I've heard the the FSW Invitational is great and they don't oversell it. But that one is also $90.

I just bought a ticket.
Sweet. Wife and I are trying to figure out babysitting, but I am sure we will make it work.

As for huge crowds. I am sure it will be pretty crowded, but Concord isn't exactly a huge draw. So I am hoping it won't be overwhelmingly crowded.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's usually the problem with beer festivals that have an "all you can drink" ticket. You usually get 4oz pours after standing in line for 20 minutes. You almost have to get your beer, and then go stand in another line while you drink it. I've never been to a beer festival that had an all you can drink option that wasn't ridiculously over-sold.
I've never had a problem honestly. And I go to the $40 ones.

I've been drinking a lot of Elephant beer (Carlsberg). It's just a smooth beer with a high %. Heavy beers kill me lately.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
A friend of mine got ahold of "Sip of Sunshine" IPA from Lawson't Finest Liquids. It's been quite a while since a beer totally blew me away like that. He also had a Heady Topper that we split, and it paled in comparison.

On a different note, I totally hate this new trend of adding citrus juice to IPAs. Getting citrus flavors from hops is awesome. Adding blood orange juice to beer is not.