The Beer Thread

Dogfish Head & Sierra Nevada teamed up to produce RHIZING BINES - good but nothing spectacular. especially considering A.) It's those two awesome breweries and B.) they used Sierra's torpedo machine (hop drying method they use for torpedo ipa)

Troeg's Nugget Nectar - Do you like amber ale? best you will ever have, ever.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
They also came out with a "new" (old) IPA glass. I'm still gonna buy one, but still... it's fucking the same thing all over again.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
they used Sierra's torpedo machine (hop drying method they use for torpedo ipa)
I think you mean "Dry Hopping" method. Dry hopping is when hops are added the beer during fermentation or into the keg. Hops are normally added during the boil. Sorry to nitpick but just don't want people confused as to what the torpedo machine does.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is good stuff, and it's 9% alcohol.

beerresized.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm so pissed they (and avery) are pulling out of the MN market. stupid meglodistributors

eek_sl

shitlord
Got myself a bottle of Deschutes Black Butte Porter 24th Anniversary Edition. Pretty impressive bottle of beer. Highly recommend it, lotsa chocolate and malty flavors. Pretty pricey bottle, but at 11% alcohol and with that intensity of flavor, a little goes a long way.

Golden Monkey for my triples, personally
Victory is great, but I really dislike Golden Monkey - and I love triples. But, I actually this past week or so have deliberately been buying Victory and I'm pretty decided that it's my favorite reasonably priced brand.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
The wife just got me a international beer club membership. Every month they ship a 12 pack of 4 different types of beer. This month is:

rrr_img_15607.jpg
rrr_img_15606.jpg
rrr_img_15608.jpg
rrr_img_15609.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
lol Efes

*edit* I should clarify that I actually quite enjoy Efes, but when I think of an "international beer club" I think of more exotic/interesting beers. Getting an Efes is like getting a bottle of Corona.

Especially over the past couple years, I really don't see a need for a mail-style beer club. It's very easy to find even the rarest of seasonal microbrews online, but even at your local dump liquor store.

I live in MA, and across the street from the condo I use when i work in town is basically the dumpiest shittiest bodega liquor store I've ever been to. They however have a build your own sixer section loaded with hard to find seasonals, $8.99.

Also, I've seen this everywhere and finally tried it last night:

ivMm7Qs.png

womp womp.. bad. If you want a fruity weird kind of pilsner just go with Lambic.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Purple Haze is garbage, but if you can find the Abita Strawberry when it's in season (starts April-ish I think), it's fucking delicious. Like drinking beer and strawberry Fanta.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Victory is great, but I really dislike Golden Monkey - and I love triples. But, I actually this past week or so have deliberately been buying Victory and I'm pretty decided that it's my favorite reasonably priced brand.
Really? Every person I've introduced Golden Monkey to sucks it down and gets trashed because they don't realize what they're drinking lol. I personally love it, along with Storm King.

Going to pick up the new Stone Enjoy By batch after work. This one is the 4/1/2013 batch, anyone sampled yet?

"Devastatingly fresh double IPA"

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Haven't seen that new Stone yet, but I'm going to be sure to ask my local bottle shop about it next time I am in. Stone IPA is always on my IPA short list and Ruination is second only to Firestone Doublejack on my favorite double IPA's list.