The Beer Thread

back from the liquor store, they only have them in warm 22's womp womp. So she's in the freezer for about half an hour then i'll sample.

result: delicious

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Purple Haze is garbage, but if you can find the Abita Strawberry when it's in season (starts April-ish I think), it's fucking delicious. Like drinking beer and strawberry Fanta.
The Strawberry Harvest is my favorite Abita. I don't find the strawberry flavor strong enough to make it taste like a soda though. Leinenkugel's Lemon Berry Shandy currently sits on the "Is it a beer or is it a soda?" throne.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
back from the liquor store, they only have them in warm 22's womp womp. So she's in the freezer for about half an hour then i'll sample.

result: delicious
Protip: Put beer in icewater bath. Quickest (conventional) way to cool down a beer. Even quicker if you use saltwater.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
not even sure MN will see the Best By series (we didn't get the last one), though I'll just grab some Furious or Saga. Not sure on this year's Abrasive, too much black liquorice.

Protip: Put beer in icewater bath. Quickest (conventional) way to cool down a beer. Even quicker if you use saltwater.
Spin it in the icewater/salt-icewater bath for even quicker results.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Had a Firestone DBA the other night and really enjoyed it. Need to try more Firestone.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Drank down a bottle of Boulevard's Saison-Brett. Didn't seem as funky as the past versions... glad I grabbed two, gonna leave the other one to age for a while in the cellar.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Santo from St. Arnold is outstanding. Black kolsch that comes on heavy and finishes bright. Between that and Fireman's #4, living in Texas definitely has its perks.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had a Firestone DBA the other night and really enjoyed it. Need to try more Firestone.
Great, great brewery.

Checked out NJ Beer Co this weekend, really good stuff. Only 4 beers available, and it's a TINY little place, but the beer is fantastic, and it's $4 for a pint, so not bad.

Tastings are free, obviously. Small time brewery if anyone is in the neighborhood.

apparently Victory does 12 packs? Very nice... got one this afternoon with Golden Monkey Piss, Headwater IPA, Prima pils & Hop Devil

Tral_sl

shitlord
God I love that it's spring so I can drink way too much of this.

8378322822 sierra_ruthless_rye.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
apparently Victory does 12 packs? Very nice... got one this afternoon with Golden Monkey Piss, Headwater IPA, Prima pils & Hop Devil
Never had the Headwater, the rest are primo beers. Golden Monkey is the bestest.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_16470.jpg

Had this the other night. And yes, I post all my beers on instagram, bros. HOW ELSE WILL PEOPLE KNOW IM DRINKING BROS?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can someone recommend a good site to learn how to brew at home? Also for equipment?
For me, it was a "doing" thing. And it really depends on what you want as far as initial investment.

You can start small and cheap with the Mr. Beer stuff, or get a starter kit from one of the various shops that do mail delivery (I preferNorther BrewerorMidwest Supply, but I'm biased because they're both local).

If you're near a major metropolitan area, there is normally a "bring a friend to brew" or "teach someone to brew" day a couple times a year. Asking at the local brewing supply store should give more info.

Otherwise: Order this:Brewing Starter Plus
That's pretty much everything you need for a first batch of beer (and to continue making beer).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
nice countertops, nice sub, and primo brew, brew
Had some oxtail soup and a ham, salami, prosciutinni, capicola, provolone sub. Was a good day overall, I must say.

rrr_img_16509.jpg

Rather dark for a triple imo, but fuck me this was smooth.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Had some oxtail soup and a ham, salami, prosciutinni, capicola, provolone sub. Was a good day overall, I must say.

rrr_img_16509.jpg

Rather dark for a triple imo, but fuck me this was smooth.
I'd murder for a bottle of that. Much fruit flavor from it?