The Beer Thread

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Will try em out. Any place you've found in particular that has Live Oak on tap regularly?
I'm not in Dallas, so I'm not sure. Flying Saucer and Ginger Man are likely to have it. Someone said Meddlesome Moth has it on RateBeer.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Shock top Honeycrisp apple wheat is my new fav
How would you compare this to Cider? I'm not a real big beer drinker but I do love Shocktop and Leinenkugel's raspberry wheat and I recently tried Redd's apple ale and found it pretty good as well.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Crispin has a couple barrel-aged ciders that are awesome. If you like cider for the smoothness, you might like mead (though it can be syrupy).

Hekotat

My favorite is ACE Pumpkin which is absolutely amazing, but only seasonal. The rest of the time I drink ACE Perry or Angry Orchard but I might switch to Shocktop if it's not as sweet or Redd's.

I tried mead the other day as well and it was ok but I don't think I could drink it often.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Samuel Smith is pretty popular, bet you've seen the bottle just never noticed.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
rrr_img_17933.jpg

This has started showing up again. It's a little more suited to the balmy southeastern summers when it's hot as balls out, so I picked up a couple of sixes to stash until then.

rrr_img_17933.jpg

ezcw_sl

shitlord
Normally don't buy something purely because of the marketing, but this time I paid for the label. Of course with Ommegang, it's always a safe bet that it be a good beer. Was pretty good. Not a style I tend to go for.

Attachment 17889

Hekotat

My friend is a big Abita fan, The only beers I can really drink are wheat beers but the Purple Haze wasn't bad once I was drunk.

Kunark

Trakanon Raider
Founders KBS due to release April 1. Confirmed at least one place locally will have it; I know where I'll be at lunch.