The Beer Thread

I'll disagree on winter stout season being bad. It's my favorite and I seriously look forward to cold days and a nice stout / porter. Best beer season there is. Though, I'm not a huge hop head so that plays into it as well. Out of curiosity, do you hate amber ales too?
I'm a hop head. I'm partial to ambers to be honest. They're so smooth, it's like caramel water.

kudos

<Banned>
Does anyone else watch Gregsbeerreviews on youtube? He's so cheesy but the man knows his shit and drinks a new beer every day of his life.

Anyways, drinking one of these atm.

rrr_img_41653.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I slipped one of these into a build-a-six of beers I've never had before at World Market today. I'm definitely gonna have to go back for more. If you like sour/tart beers or saisons, give it a try.

bells_oars01.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I slipped one of these into a build-a-six of beers I've never had before at World Market today. I'm definitely gonna have to go back for more. If you like sour/tart beers or saisons, give it a try.

bells_oars01.jpg
It's not quite technically a berlinerweisse, but if you like it you'll like most of the other berlinerweisses. I felt bad, as I always confused their old ale with oarsman because I thought the pictures were similar, and so I had skipped out on Oarsman.

kudos

<Banned>
I did another brewery tour at Cigar City yesterday and I got so fucking drunk. I'm gonna go on a no beer rule for a while I think. It's like when you get sick after eating a certain food; you just don't want it anymore after.

At least it gives my stouts some time to age I guess.

Concluded 2 days of presentations with a stop at the liquor store and bought a sixpack of:

normal_2006_11_Lagunitas_Maximus.jpg

This is probably my favorite IPA on the planet.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure I have already posted about Pliny the Elder, love that stuff. Had a couple of those as well as 2 of these Dogfish Head at the Raiders game with my cousin last Friday. Just between those 4 beers I was pretty well lit.

For being 9% the Dogfish Head was way smoother than I was expecting. Strongly suggest it for any of you IPA fans.

rrr_img_42620.jpg

kudos

<Banned>
Pretty sure I have already posted about Pliny the Elder, love that stuff. Had a couple of those as well as 2 of these Dogfish Head at the Raiders game with my cousin last Friday. Just between those 4 beers I was pretty well lit.

For being 9% the Dogfish Head was way smoother than I was expecting. Strongly suggest it for any of you IPA fans.

rrr_img_42620.jpg
Funny thing about Dogfish is that the 120min doesn't even taste like an IPA. It's more of a barley wine. A lot of people say the 90min is the best of Dogfish.

I tried Racer 5 last night and wasn't impressed. I think it's because I prefer juicy IPA's and that was just straight bitterness.

I tried Racer 5 last night and wasn't impressed. I think it's because I prefer juicy IPA's and that was just straight bitterness.
bah you're out of your friggin mind. Bring on the bitter!

A local liquor store usually has Racer #5 in twelve packs which is nice.

kudos

<Banned>
bah you're out of your friggin mind. Bring on the bitter!

A local liquor store usually has Racer #5 in twelve packs which is nice.
Yeah I'm more of a Jai Alai / West Coast IPA guy. I could drink those all day.

kudos

<Banned>
Alright chums post your beer!

rrr_img_42780.jpg

Currently as it stands as of today (I'm already drinking the Innis & Gunn)

2x CCB Good Gourd
2x CCB Marshal Zhukov
2x CCB Life is Like
1x CCB Cucumber Saison
1x CCB Growler of Cafe Americana
1x CCB Forgotten Island
1x Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Scottish Ale
1x Stone 2012 Saison du Buff
1x Young's Double Chocolate Stout (always have at least 1 of these on hand at all times)
1x Anchor Porter
2x New Belgium Fat Tire
1x St Bernardus Abt 12
1x Breckenridge Vanilla Porter

Tea_sl

shitlord
I don't keep a stock of beers. I just drink them. I do really love some Innis and Gunn though.

I've been drinking my homebrewed red IPA. It's not my finest work, but it's not bad either.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would really like to do some homebrewing, but I want to do it right and not half ass it. I have very little free time right now, so it just isn't something I have looked into much. Hopefully things calm down for me early next year and I can start looking into it more.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
stuck in Virgina for the next few weeks any weekend road trip able places near by that are must visit beer places?
If you're close enough to DC go to the Brickskeller... well it's not called the brickskeller anymore, I think it's called Bier Baron now or something. No idea how good that place is. Brickskeller was awesome though. They had over 1400 beers and they sent them up on a pulley system with those bank teller tubes from the basement.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
DC is like the fucking wild-west of beer.
Churchkey or w/e there is supposed to be good.