The Beer Thread

quse

the pupe
I tried this out randomly at a bar a couple weeks ago and absolutely loved it. It's pretty sweet; definitely not something I could drink all night.

I got the recommendation to let it warm up a little from whatever the tap temp was. Sound advice!

rrr_img_43729.jpg

Edit: Pretty sure I like this best just above room temperature. So good.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Drank my Vanilla Bean Dark Lord the other day. God damn that was good.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I had the Pumking for the first time this year. It was quite delicious.
I walked into my regular liquor store last week and asked when they were getting Pumking, said they already had it, and already sold out of it. Motherfuckers, I was just there probably a week to 10 days previous and they hadn't got it yet. Shit went fast apparently. I've still never had it. My current favorite Pumpkin beer is O'Fallon out of St Louis.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Pumpking is the only straight up pumpkin beer I can drink. I generally hate that style. Although, Red Hook makes a pumpkin porter that is quite good.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I walked into my regular liquor store last week and asked when they were getting Pumking, said they already had it, and already sold out of it. Motherfuckers, I was just there probably a week to 10 days previous and they hadn't got it yet. Shit went fast apparently. I've still never had it. My current favorite Pumpkin beer is O'Fallon out of St Louis.
The place I go to it just doesn't sell. I noticed they'd been in the window ever since last fall. I had to check the date when I was buying mine to make sure it wasn't from last year.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well I finally found some and bought every single 22oz bottle they had while I wait on the 6 cases I ordered from another store. Going to be a good fucking week!

rrr_img_43759.jpg

quse

the pupe
I picked up a couple bottles when it first came out. I think I got lucky and grabbed some pretty shortly after they were set out on the floor.

I'm keeping my eyes out for some more, and am about to drive to a place a coworker said he saw some (crazily enough, right across the street from my work). Forgot to check when I left =(

I'd be more than willing to grab a couple bottles for you if I find any. Whereabouts in KC are you?

Also, for the KC folk looking for Pumking: The Flying Saucer (on Main and 13th) has it on tap right now. Not sure if they've got it all season long or if they have a limited stock. If they have a limited amount, I'd recommend getting in there before they have their beerfest on Saturday.

Edit: Joeboo I found some, let me know if you want any.

quse

the pupe
I picked up a case (12 bottles). They had about 6 left in the store when I left. If you want to grab some it's at Royal Liquor on SW Blvd and Summit.

Let me know if you'd like any from the case.

kudos

<Banned>
Pumking is EVERYWHERE here. It doesn't seem to sell. I go into ABC liquor and they have boxes on boxes on boxes of the shit. Boxes in the back of the store with display. Boxes in the front of the store near the cash register. Boxes everywhere. It's the only reason I haven't bothered picking some up to try yet. I don't feel the need until October rolls around.

The creme brulee is really good if you mix it with some Lindemans framboise or even Youngs double chocolate stout.

This weekend I'm gonna go on a hunt for some wet hop sierra nevada or whatever I can find. The cigar city brewpub also just released a Gourd of Thunder beer today that is only available at their brewpub. So I'll probably grab one of those.
This festive black ale expresses notes of earth, dark chocolate, rye and subtle spice. Medium bodied with a silky mouth feel from calabaza and butternut squash, this beer was designed for holiday festivities from oktoberfest pre game into Halloween and through the winter solstice. I would drink it with ice cream, pie, cheese, cranberry and poultry or by itself by the gallon. Make merriment. And thank the chefs for the wonderful in house made gourd puree! Cheers!

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bros: I'm headed to Portland soon, and besides maybe punching Tyen and The Nose for great justice, I'm looking to try some good beers and food.

I've had Deschutes, Rogue and Full Sail since they distribute widely, all of which are good to great. Can someone fill me in on the local beers I shouldn't miss? Advice is much appreciated.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So for anyone who lives in or around the central New Haven CT area I just found out some pretty amazing news.

A company called B. United International is doing something very interesting and unique. The long and short of it is, they bought thousands of specialty barrels, everything from gin to wine to scotch and invite brewers from all over the world to come brew their beer on premises which is then aged and rotated between these barrels. I was at a very good beer gastropub a few months back and they had one of these beers (which is called the zymatore project) on draft. It was the Zymatore Puja Jasmyn IPA. Aged in pinot noir barrels for 6 months, and then in old tom's gin barrels for 6 months. The barrels gave it an almost belgian sour style finish, with a nice hop forward taste. It was one of the best beers I've ever had (though I love belgian sours and IPAs so the mix and balance of the two was awesome).

Anyway this "brewery" is in Oxford CT and will apparently be opening to the public in a few months:

http://www.bunitedint.com/zymatore/

My body is ready.