The Beer Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
rrr_img_47138.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Had the Ballast Point Double IPA yesterday, very impressed. In your face hops you'd expect out of a San Diego area IPA with a strong, but not overpowering malt backbone. Glad BP is available in my area now, can't wait to try some of their other stuff.

On another note, if you are into beer you should check out the show Brew Dogs. A couple of brewers from Scotland (famous for making the worlds strongest beer) travel around the U.S. making a different beer in each city featuring local ingredients and rather creative brewing locations and/or methods (Seattle episode they brewed on a ferry). Highly entertaining.

Mur_sl

shitlord
Enjoyed a few Deschutes Chainbreaker white IPAs last night. Interesting, and very enjoyable. I bit light, but a nice summer IPA.

Liking the New Belgium Rampage as well...it creeps up on you.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Enjoyed a few Deschutes Chainbreaker white IPAs last night. Interesting, and very enjoyable. I bit light, but a nice summer IPA.

Liking the New Belgium Rampage as well...it creeps up on you.
Green Flash's Green Bullet is pretty nice if you're a hophead. Not that Dank-onion-garlic bullshit triple IPA you normally see.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Tried Pumking last night for the first time. I must say, IT IS LIKE PUMPKIN PIE IN YOUR MOUTH.

The cost however, $8 for a 22oz? Is that normal? Spec's liquor had a space set up for all Southern Tier types, so I walked up and saw the sign for $8. I said I'll take a six pack, and she laughed at me.
Pumking is the JAM!

If you're buying for one, it's the way to go. I do wish they sold em' in 6 packs though.

The price in my area fluctuates from like $7.99 - $8.99 for some reason.

Tea_sl

shitlord
A new beer has arrived on the local shelves here - Dieselpunk. There was an IPA and a porter and they've got cool labels. I grabbed the porter.

It's the most unremarkable porter I've ever had. Nothing stands out about it. It's just there being definitely porter. It's kind of astonishing how little character it has.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Dieselpunk Porter is one of three Dieselpunk beers I've seen, the other two being a stout and an IPA. The dieselpunk website says that their beers are sold at the following location: Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Dillon's, Baker's, Smith's, Fry's, Food 4 Less, Foods Co., QFC,City Market, and King Soopers. I picked up a 4-pack of 16-ounce cans for $5.99 at Kroger, but you can buy the beer in 6-packs of glass bottles as well.
Apparently Dieselpunk is a brewery that is contracted specifically by large chain supermarkets. Not surprised at all of your descriptor based on what I have read about the "brewery"

(I should note, I would have tried it just based on the fact it was a new beer on the shelves, there is no harm in that at all)

Guvnah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't understand the Pumpking hype. I've tried it a few times over the years and think it is a bit nasty. For some reason, I get an artificial popcorn flavor from it and from Warlock (imp stout pumking).

I prefer Schlafly's Pumpkin instead.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I had the the Dieselpunk Stout a while ago. It really wasn't worth it either. I tried it for the same reason as Tea.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Last couple of years I've been kind of disappointing with a lot of the winter options coming out. Was at a tasting hosted by one of the major distributors in my area and the buzzword coming from many of the breweries about their winter seasonals this year was "drinkability." More like "uninteresting" in my opinion, but I guess they have to chase that low-hanging consumer fruit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Stir Crazy from Indeed has been amazing previously, and Abrasive by Surly is good (though sometimes it's "ok" and other times Amazing, so good is the average). I'm not even hurting for it. Though I might try to do a minikeg of Bells Hopslam if I can find it.

I love winterbeer season, just in time to start breaking out some Darkness and other random RIS/Barleywines!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Picked up a new seasonal smokestack series from Boulevard yesterday, Reboot

Brand_Reboot.jpg

I was hesitant, because I like Belgian Whites/witbiers, but generally dislike IPAs. Ended up being pretty good, was much more Belgian White than IPA, was not very hoppy at all. Reminded me a lot of their Two Jokers Belgian witbier

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a new seasonal smokestack series from Boulevard yesterday, Reboot

Brand_Reboot.jpg

I was hesitant, because I like Belgian Whites/witbiers, but generally dislike IPAs. Ended up being pretty good, was much more Belgian White than IPA, was not very hoppy at all. Reminded me a lot of their Two Jokers Belgian witbier
Had some Dark Truth on Friday for the first time and while I like stouts I'm not sure how I feel about it. Tank 7 though is pretty much my favorite of the smokestack stuff hands down. Their coffee ale I suppose I could drink but I dunno...I think I might be the only one of my friends that doesn't like it.

Asked at Barley's Brewhaus a couple of weeks ago if they had any and they said that they had one bottle left, we pretty much got it mainly for one person who was ecstatic.

rrr_img_50780.jpg