The Beer Thread

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
Late to this thread, but a few of my favorite breweries:

Ballast Point (just about anything by them, especially Indra Kunindra [curry stout], Victory at Sea [Vanilla Imperial Porter], and Sea Monster [Imperial Stout])
Green Flash (also just about anything, but especially their Serano Double Stout - have to go to the brewery itself for it though)
Mission Brewery (their Chocolate/Cherry porter - on tap at the brewery only atm - and Dark Seas - probably my absolute favorite Imperial Stout, it's heavy on toffee taste)

I also recently moved to the Paso Robles area in central California, so I've been spending a lot of time at the Firestone Walker brewery. And holy crap their Proprietor's Reserve series (read: Barrel-aged just about everything, and ridiculously delicious for being 10+% abv) is amazing. Today I'm having Stickee Monkee, a barrel-aged Belgian Quad. PM me if you're reading this and ever in the area and find yourself wanting to hit up FW
wink.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Named 3 of my current favorite "regionally distributed" breweries (although I tend to lean towards their hoppier styles). Haven't seen anything from Mission Brewery up my way, but I will keep my eye out.

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
Mission seems to be in most BevMo's that I've been to, if there's one close to you. Since you mentioned hops, I might recommend their Shipwrecked (Double IPA), El Conquistador (APA), and Misson IPA - they're usually the most readily found beers of theirs as well (along with their Blonde).

I don't normally go in for lighter or hoppy beers, but Sculpin (one of Ballast Point's IPA's) is always welcome. I especially love the Habanero version they do on tap at the brewery. I hope they decide to do a commercial release of that at some point.

San Diego is seemingly beer heaven this decade. Massachusetts/Boston are doing their thing, but personally I looove west coat style IPAs.

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
San Diego is seemingly beer heaven this decade. Massachusetts/Boston are doing their thing, but personally I looove west coat style IPAs.
San Diego is definitely making some good stuff, IPA's for sure. I think a lot of their success is owed to how much of a community they've built up there - so many of the breweries collaborate or share grains, hops, supplies, etc and just generally work at sharing their passion for making beer. If only more of the games industry would take a page from them, but I digress
wink.png

I think other places are doing some great stuff as well, though just not maybe to the same scale/exposure SD is getting. I was recently in western Colorado (Montrose and Ouray) and they have some good brews there, too. I'd love to get out to the East Coast soon and see what they're up to these days. Any particular recommendations for Mass/Boston or other areas of the eastern seaboard?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be in the Tampa area soon for about a week. Anything I should look for that is good? Usually we just drink Yuengling since we can't get that in Chicago...

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'll be in the Tampa area soon for about a week. Anything I should look for that is good? Usually we just drink Yuengling since we can't get that in Chicago...
Cigar City, Sweetwater, and uh... damn it. There's a bunch more. I usually look for DFH but fuckyou as you get it in Chicago.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Weekend supplies! I feel like a deer in headlights when I go to Total Wine. There's so many f'ing beers, I don't even know where to begin. I'm just going to start picking random ones...

DcmAIvN.jpg

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
San Diego is definitely making some good stuff, IPA's for sure. I think a lot of their success is owed to how much of a community they've built up there - so many of the breweries collaborate or share grains, hops, supplies, etc and just generally work at sharing their passion for making beer. If only more of the games industry would take a page from them, but I digress
wink.png

I think other places are doing some great stuff as well, though just not maybe to the same scale/exposure SD is getting. I was recently in western Colorado (Montrose and Ouray) and they have some good brews there, too. I'd love to get out to the East Coast soon and see what they're up to these days. Any particular recommendations for Mass/Boston or other areas of the eastern seaboard?
San Diego and upwards through the Northern Coast of Cali. IE, Lagunitas, Russian River and Bear Rep.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked up a few tonight...if they taste bad I have plenty of Lagunitas in the fridge for backup.
rrr_img_68573.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Enjoy by is either great or terrible, which is odd (I don't even know if they vary the recipe or not).
Cali is meh (my opinion)
Sculpin is good.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Enjoy by is either great or terrible, which is odd (I don't even know if they vary the recipe or not).
Cali is meh (my opinion)
Sculpin is good.
Yea, just downed the Cali, and it was meh. I will work on the Big Eye based on others posting it in this forum.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A co-worker bought me a couple nice brews because I took on a shitty project for him. I've never had either. The Belgian brew looks like it'll be tasty. Anyone ever tried either of these?

rrr_img_68575.jpg

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Looks like they use Mosaic hops to make it triple hops. Mosaic hops are so damn good.