The Beer Thread

Needless

Toe Sucker
Other than your allergic reaction! how did you like the Tremens? I have had Delirium Nocturnum and liked it, but nothing else from them.
Taste wise.. I liked it better than nocturnum-but i didn't finish it for obvious reasons haha

I primarily like german wheat beers, they make my pants tight

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
All I took away from this is they do the same thing but not automated and make sure to have a person standing in each picture to drive home the point
Oh, I got from it the completely different scale of operations that ABInBev operates Budweiser on compared to anything else that "isn't a big 3" in the brewing world.

But yeah, totally the same process to make beer.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Several members of my family are badly allergic to Budweiser products. If they drink bud or bud light they break out in hives/rashes. No other beer does this. Not sure what Budweiser does differently than every other beer brewer on Earth.
They use rice as an adjunct, which is somewhat unusual. Are your family members allergic to rice?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Several members of my family are badly allergic to Budweiser products. If they drink bud or bud light they break out in hives/rashes. No other beer does this. Not sure what Budweiser does differently than every other beer brewer on Earth.
Maybe they are are allergic to the "beechwood" aging of Budweiser.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
They use rice as an adjunct, which is somewhat unusual. Are your family members allergic to rice?
Nope, no rice allergies. Has to be something odd like the "beechwood aging" that was mentioned, or maybe the specific strain of hops that they use or something(that maybe no one else uses)

There's some weird allergies in my family, my dad and his twin are both terribly allergic to chocolate, makes them vomit within minutes of ingesting it.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nope, no rice allergies. Has to be something odd like the "beechwood aging" that was mentioned, or maybe the specific strain of hops that they use or something(that maybe no one else uses)

There's some weird allergies in my family, my dad and his twin are both terribly allergic to chocolate, makes them vomit within minutes of ingesting it.
Yep, brewed with rice. I think Busch and Busch Light are the only beer that isnt brewed with rice from Anheuser-Busch; surprisingly.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That rating for Monk's Cafe is very low indeed. It reminds me almost of a slightly tart grape soda. I typically have a bomber of Monk's Cafe always on hand, such a great go-to Sour
Found some of the Monk's Sour today on the way home so looking forward to trying it out and comparing to the Prairie sour I had last weekend. Want to try a few different ones before deciding if Sour is my thing or not.

Also asked them about the Boulevard Two Joker, Joeboo. We get like eight thousand different Boulevard's here in Arkansas but they said they haven't seen that yet but would try to order and let me know. Sounds interesting and would love to try.

edit: Oh, and the Delirium Tremens was $21.49 for four, so umm.. I'll find it on tap somewhere.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Super excited, my buddy just shipped me a box of CO beers. Couple of Crooked Stave, couple of Avery, couple of others.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Found some of the Monk's Sour today on the way home so looking forward to trying it out and comparing to the Prairie sour I had last weekend. Want to try a few different ones before deciding if Sour is my thing or not.

Also asked them about the Boulevard Two Joker, Joeboo. We get like eight thousand different Boulevard's here in Arkansas but they said they haven't seen that yet but would try to order and let me know. Sounds interesting and would love to try.

edit: Oh, and the Delirium Tremens was $21.49 for four, so umm.. I'll find it on tap somewhere.
Prairie will be more tart and sour. Monk's Cafe will be less tart, but to me, more flavorful (more body and fruit-flavored, like I said it being like a grape soda-esque).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Prairie will be more tart and sour. Monk's Cafe will be less tart, but to me, more flavorful (more body and fruit-flavored, like I said it being like a grape soda-esque).
Just opened the 1st and agree on all points.

edit: Wow, actually your differentiation was spot on... like scary. Somehow the Monk's was more of a 'sour flavor' without being as tart as the Prairie. The tart didn't over power the sour I guess. Thanks, that was good.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Just opened the 1st and agree on all points.

edit: Wow, actually your differentiation was spot on... like scary. Somehow the Monk's was more of a 'sour flavor' without being as tart as the Prairie. The tart didn't over power the sour I guess. Thanks, that was good.
I love the Sour style, but some beers are just too sour and tart. Birthday Suit by Uinta Brewing Co. comes to mind, it was just an epic amount of sour and tart and made my stomach uneasy when I woke up the next morning (didn't really drink other than it). Monk's Cafe is an incredible introduction Sour and every-day Sour as like I said, great body/flavor with medium tart/sour. Once you get into Rodenbach, Prairie, Petrus, etc, you get more tart/sour than body. I love those Sours still, Rodenbach being my absolute favorite, but they are substantially different than Monk's Cafe...

I would rather drink Monk's Cafe everyday than the rest, as the others you couldn't drink everyday due to their tartness and sourness.

Saisons are a completely different animal (but very similar still). That should be your next adventure... I have been on a Barleywine kick the last few weeks now. Mirror Mirror being released a few weeks back and I am loving every minute of the ones i bought!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Decided to not drink Sours today... I however have been drinking the vast majority of brews by 'Unibroue'

I have enjoyed bombers (750mL) of Maudite, La Fin Du Monde, Trois Pistoles, Chambly all throughout the day... I cannot imagine the amount of calories and carbs I have consumed today, but fuck it, you only live once!!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh, I got from it the completely different scale of operations that ABInBev operates Budweiser on compared to anything else that "isn't a big 3" in the brewing world.

But yeah, totally the same process to make beer.
The pics suck cause they dont deliver on the most obvious differences in the process.
Unlike the vast majority of craft brewers the bigger corporations do high gravity brewing (to minimize storage) only to downstream (water it down) the high gravity beer after the filtering process and maybe flavor it up with various hops oils/liquids to produce the demanded beer style.

Its highly unlikely that its in the hops, since they wont use raw hops and still unlikely pellets, but highly concentrated hops extract products, where its almost impossible to distiguish the raw hops strain that product was manufactured from.

My bet would be on the wooden chips used as well.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Decided to not drink Sours today... I however have been drinking the vast majority of brews by 'Unibroue'

I have enjoyed bombers (750mL) of Maudite, La Fin Du Monde, Trois Pistoles, Chambly all throughout the day... I cannot imagine the amount of calories and carbs I have consumed today, but fuck it, you only live once!!
"The End of The World" fucks you up.
I got white girl wasted off a case of that before, i actually like that brewery quite a bit... but i also got an allergy reaction from their blanche de chambly
frown.png
weird shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fin du Monde I believe was the only one I've really liked but might have to go back through them one more time just to make sure. Which is strange because we had some Trois Pistoles when I was like 17 in Vegas at an EQ guild gathering. Some Canadians brought it down with them and was probably one of my first real wasted experiences. Maybe like EQ some things are just best remembered as being good and not re-experienced.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, though my history is always "shit, 12 beers on monday, nothing for a month, repeat"