The Beer Thread

Ceythos_sl

shitlord
Just got back from this year's Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin release - they had a tequila barrel aged version on tap. Holy crap, I hope they decide to bottle it at some point! For those that like Merkin, I think this year might actually be the best one yet so stock up if you see it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if anyone has tried this yet. I personally really like some of the Dogfish Head stuff, especially their 90 minute IPA. I am not a huge fan of pumpkin stuff in general, but I know some people love these brews so I gave it a shot. I have yet to find a pumpkin beer I like at all and this one was no exception, so I am just going to assume I don't like any of them.

dogfishpunkin4pk__07449.1405394283.1280.1280.jpg

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I love fall just because I get to drink pumpkin beer, filled up a growler of Elysian Night Owl the other day and tried a sampler of the Elysian Punkucccino. It was so delicious but I could maybe handle like an eight oz glass before I would be sick of it, tasted like you were drinking a cookie.

rrr_img_76261.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I love pumpkin beer. This is by far my favorite but I have to get family members to ship it to me from the midwest.Pumking
Southern Tier is an east-coast brewery, so you just don't get it distributed out west/down south?

I had some pumpkin beers last night, and without exception they were all pumpkin-spice and just did not taste good. Not sure why that flavor profile is disgusting to me... maybe the nutmeg.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know it's a cider but the Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider is worse this year than last. Very sweet and not very strong in the pumpkin department. Last year it was heavy on the pumpkin and not very sweet at all. Didn't really care for this batch.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Pumking is goddamned impossible to find around here, it sells out pretty much instantly. I'd like to try it at some point, but I'm not really going to go out of my way to get on waiting lists or drive all over the city checking dozens of places for it. I've been in 3 liquor stores in the past 10 days or so, and all said they sold out the same day they got it. Oh well. Same story last year...and the year before...and the year before, etc.

Tenks

Hm I must be spoiled. The supermarket half a mile from my house has cases and cases of pumking and warlock sitting around.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hm I must be spoiled. The supermarket half a mile from my house has cases and cases of pumking and warlock sitting around.
This is my situation as well... Now the Choklat, Creme Brulee, and (to a limited degree) the Mokah, those sell out same day.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Odd, I can find the Creme Brulee with no issues around here, but Pumpking is gone before it hits the shelf.

Tenks

Has anyone had the Stone Coffee Milk Stout before? Has good reviews but wondering if you guys had an opinion.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Pumking is goddamned impossible to find around here, it sells out pretty much instantly. I'd like to try it at some point, but I'm not really going to go out of my way to get on waiting lists or drive all over the city checking dozens of places for it. I've been in 3 liquor stores in the past 10 days or so, and all said they sold out the same day they got it. Oh well. Same story last year...and the year before...and the year before, etc.
That's funny. One of my local liquor stores still had about 30 bottles of Pumking this past April, all heavily discounted. I guess they couldn't sell the stuff.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All the places around here have an overstock of it as well. It's lining the shelves.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Had a growler of Alaskan pumpkin porter last night, seriously delicious. Not overly pumpkin but you could really taste it at the end. 10/10 would drink again.

rrr_img_76402.jpg

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
That's a ridiculously good deal. Too bad costco doesn't exist in these parts
frown.png

Drove with the family from the Oregon coast to San Fran last Wednesday and wound up stopping in Eureka, CA, for lunch. The best option appeared to be Lost Coast brewpub, and it was a treat. Tried the IPA and oatmeal stout, and both were great. The food, however, was exceptional. Will definitely be keeping an eye out to see if any if their stuff makes it to the east coast.
If anyone is ever in Eureka, area again and wants too check out the local microbrew's there is Humboldt Beer tours(855-949-2337) this takes you too all of the local brewers in the area, Lost Coast, Mad River, Six Rivers, Eel River breweries

Includes Lunch at 1 of them + each sampler is 8-12 3.5oz beers.

And yes, Lost Coast's menus are great, winter is nom because of all the Bison/Buffalo they get.