The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because it's fucking beautiful, that's why. It's one of things I've hated about consoles for many years, they lag so far behind the PC in fidelity that moving from one to the other is painful. Thank God for the PS4 Pro and Scorpio, hopefully this is the way consoles go for the foreseeable future.
You notice the fidelity more than cutting the fps in half (or much more if you have a 144Hz display)?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You notice the fidelity more than cutting the fps in half (or much more if you have a 144Hz display)?

It really depends on the game, but going from 3440x1440 on my PC to sub 720p shit on my Xbone is far more dramatic IMO. Not to mention the fact that on consoles we are talking 50'-60' or more screen sizes which makes 1080p look like ass. Aliasing is the worst and you aren't going to get 1080p games running at 60 fps with no aliasing anyway, so I'd rather take the resolution bump.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's why I built a budget PC that can only do 1080p and only own a 1080p TV. Lower expectations, less disappointment, and still happy with my regular PS4.

Is the why you play on emulators too?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I open an emulator maybe twice a year when I am feeling nostalgic. The real reason is that I prefer playing on my TV using a controller, sit 8-9 feet away and can already barely tell a difference between 1080p and 720p + AA. The only thing I can honestly notice is a difference of frame rate, not resolutions.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I open an emulator maybe twice a year when I am feeling nostalgic. The real reason is that I prefer playing on my TV using a controller, sit 8-9 feet away and can already barely tell a difference between 1080p and 720p + AA. The only thing I can honestly notice is a difference of frame rate, not resolutions.

So your going to play Agnarr with us this summer? Cool.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Darksiders 1 isn't too bad only had 1 crash the whole time playing it, but Darksiders 2 is a crashing bitch and nordic won't fix it...

joz123

Potato del Grande
Haven't played destroy all humans in forever either, seems worth it even just for both DAH 1/2 and Darksiders 1

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It truly was, only game that made my XBOne purchase worth the investment. (Which ended after the year exclusivity obv)

Is this what Uncharted feels like? Should I give those another chance?

The controls in the demos always felt terrible to me, so I never purchased them. Am I mistaken?

Also, is the first Tomb Raider equally awesome?

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, RotTR was sublime. Not sure I can think of a game in the genre with more satisfying combat - certainly not Uncharted or TLoU.

Edit: Quaid, RotTR combat is much, much better than Uncharted imo. Writing and story go to UC, I guess, but I always found actually playing them a chore (never played UC4, though).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande

The controls in the demos always felt terrible to me, so I never purchased them. Am I mistaken?

Definitely get the Uncharted Collection, should be cheap now for 3 games worth. First Tomb Raider was good also, never tried RotTR.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yes you must play Uncharted. Tomb raider is fantastic but UC is even better. You must start with the Nathan Drake Collection and play straight through to UC4. It was easily my best gaming experience of 2016 doing this. I think you know I'm going to hold the writing to certain standards over other forum goers and look past the gameplay.

Anyways UC 2 is in my top 10 games of all time. Play them together with no breaks in between games.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

The actual gameplay is better in tomb raider for sure, but the story and characters are better in Uncharted. The gameplay is really just a generic 3rd person shooter, nothing spectacular.

• 1Like